Review: could Santyl cause Bedsore (Pressure ulcer)?
Summary: Bedsore is reported only by a few people who take Santyl.
We study 163 people who have side effects while taking Santyl from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Bedsore. Find out below who they are, when they have Bedsore and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Santyl and have Bedsore >>>
Santyl has active ingredients of collagenase. It is often used in wound. (latest outcomes from 164 Santyl users)
Bedsore has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, pain, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 4,105 Bedsore patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 163 people reported to have side effects when taking Santyl. Among them, 5 people (3.07%) have Bedsore.
Time on Santyl when people have Bedsore * :
Gender of people who have Bedsore when taking Santyl * :
Age of people who have Bedsore when taking Santyl * :
Severity of Bedsore when taking Santyl ** :
How people recovered from Bedsore ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (2 people, 40.00%)
- Atrial fibrillation (1 people, 20.00%)
- Decubitus ulcer (1 people, 20.00%)
- Depression (1 people, 20.00%)
- Weight control (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Protonix (3 people, 60.00%)
- Demerol (3 people, 60.00%)
- Levaquin (3 people, 60.00%)
- Magnesium (3 people, 60.00%)
- Prograf (2 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Santyl and bedsore on
Do you have Bedsore while taking Santyl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Santyl and have Bedsore
- support group for people who take Santyl
- support group for people who have Bedsore
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Plaquenil, Mobic, Dexedrine for a 61-year old woman with Sjrogens, Arthritis, Narcolepsy. The patient has Pressure Ulcer
- A study of side effects of Plavix for a 66-year old woman with Pressure Ulcer. The patient has Decubitus Ulcer (a chronic ulcer of the skin caused by prolonged pressure on it)
- A study of drug interactions between Pradaxa, Ramipril, Metoprolol Tartrate, Crestor, Amlodipine Besylate for a 66-year old man with Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Decubitus Ulcer
- A study of side effects of Santyl for a 43-year old woman with Wound Debridement.
- A study of side effects of Santyl for a 50-year old man with Venous Ulcer.
Recent Santyl related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.