Santyl and Bedsore - from FDA reports
Bedsore is found among people who take Santyl, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Protonix, and have Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura. This review analyzes which people have Bedsore with Santyl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 434 people who have side effects when taking Santyl from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 13, 2017
434 people reported to have side effects when taking Santyl.
Among them, 10 people (2.3%) have Bedsore
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Bedsore when taking Santyl *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Bedsore when taking Santyl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 22.22 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 11.11 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (2 people, 20.00%)
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (2 people, 20.00%)
- Wound (1 person, 10.00%)
- Metastases To Bone (1 person, 10.00%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (1 person, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zofran (4 people, 40.00%)
- Protonix (4 people, 40.00%)
- Magnesium (3 people, 30.00%)
- Levaquin (3 people, 30.00%)
- Demerol (3 people, 30.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Sepsis (4 people, 40.00%)
- Anaemia (4 people, 40.00%)
- Weakness (3 people, 30.00%)
- Hypotension (3 people, 30.00%)
- Diabetes (3 people, 30.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Bedsore when taking Santyl?
- Check symptoms - is bedsore caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBedsore and drugs with ingredients of collagenase.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBedsore and Santyl from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Santyl has active ingredients of collagenase. (latest outcomes from Santyl 439 users)
Bedsore has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, pain, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 6,427 Bedsore patients).
Browse all side effects of Santyla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with BedsoreBedsore
Could your condition cause BedsoreBedsore
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
In 50 yr old women recently diagnosed with presuure ulcer that causes pain whatever posution i bcc am in. From standing to sitting to lying down. Riding in car back from appt pain excrusiating. Need pain meds which doctirs wont prescribe.