Home > Saw palmetto > Dry eye > Saw palmetto and Dry eye
Review: could Saw palmetto cause Dry eye (Dry eyes)?
Summary: Dry eye is reported only by a few people who take Saw palmetto.
We study 536 people who have side effects while taking Saw palmetto from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Dry eye. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry eye and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Saw palmetto and have Dry eye >>>
Saw palmetto (latest outcomes from 610 users) has active ingredients of saw palmetto. It is often used in enlarged prostate.
Dry eye (lack of adequate tears) (latest reports from 12,196 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, depression.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 536 people reported to have side effects when taking Saw palmetto. Among them, 4 people (0.75%) have Dry Eye.
Time on Saw palmetto when people have Dry eye * :
Age of people who have Dry eye when taking Saw palmetto * :
|Dry eye||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Severity of Dry eye when taking Saw palmetto ** :
How people recovered from Dry eye ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Dermatitis herpetiformis (3 people, 75.00%)
- Restless legs syndrome (3 people, 75.00%)
- Anaemia (3 people, 75.00%)
- Gastrointestinal motility disorder (3 people, 75.00%)
- Blood cholesterol (3 people, 75.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ferrous fumarate (3 people, 75.00%)
- Manganese (3 people, 75.00%)
- Neurontin (3 people, 75.00%)
- Vitamin k tab (3 people, 75.00%)
- Choline bitartrate (3 people, 75.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dry Eye while taking Saw Palmetto?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Saw palmetto and have Dry Eye
- support group for people who take Saw palmetto
- support group for people who have Dry Eye
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Dry Eyes, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Glimepiride, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Gabapentin, Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin, Lisinopril, Xarelto)
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- Anyone else develop facial swelling during clonazepam withdrawal and not recover from it several years later?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Dry Eyes, Excessive Hair Loss, Facial Swelling, and takes Clonazepam)
Weaned off of clonazepam 10 years ago. Body went into severe withdrawal: Hair loss/ thinning, swelling through T-zone portion of my face, excessively oily face and hair, stiff painful joints. Hair and face have never completely recovered although have days/weeks symptoms are milder, buy only wors ...
- Type of medication for stomache discomfort from aspirin?
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Stomach Burning, and takes Saw Palmetto)
Is there over the counter medication for this symptom?
- Flomax does not help with frequent night time urination maybe not bph but nocturnal?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Frequent Nighttime Urination, and takes Flomax, Saw Palmetto)
Tried many and costly prostate related products to no avail. Dr says prostate only marginally enlarged but hard. Could not urinate at all after taking postoperative codein based pain meds. Wonder if nocturnal is a separate and differently medicated condition
- Are dry eyes a side effect of allegra?
(Asked by a 75 year old woman who has Glaucomatocyclitic Crises, Dry Eyes, and takes Lisinopril)
Have been taking Benedryl almost daily for the last year. After recent diagnosis pressure in eyes increasing did some research to discover a side effect of Benedryl is dry eyes which could have been a contributing factor. I'm trying to find out if there's any allergy medicine on the market that do ...
More questions for: Saw palmetto, Dry eye
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Heavy sweating during sleep
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Stent 3 Years Ago RCA, Heart Attack, Prostate Infection, Fractures Nonunion, Tachycardia, Low Blood Pressure, Sweating - Excessive, and takes Saw Palmetto Berry, Valium, Norco, Soma)
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
- Pantoprazole dry eyes
(Posted by a 47 year old man who has Dry Eyes, and takes Pantoprazole)
started at 5 days after starting the treatment. no other medications or suplements taken. tear drops do not help. putting a tiny amount of stJohn's worth oil at the bottom of the eyes provokes tears and gives a better result. will consider changing the medication for my acid reflux condition.
- Did you recover from bph?
(Posted by a 70 year old man who has BPH, and takes Saw Palmetto, Doxazosin)
For unknown reasons my BPH symptoms have gradually disappeared. I was taking Doxazosin for 2-3 years but it never seemed to really help. I stated taking Saw Palmetto about a year ago.
Gradually over this summer my BPH symptoms faded to almost zero.
I'm not ready to claim that the Saw Palmetto di ...
- Saw palmetto in prostate pills
(Posted by a 73 year old man who has Frequent Or Urgent Urination, and takes Saw Palmetto)
i got very dizzy when I got up to urinate in the night after taking ultra prostate a couple of days... I returned the product
- Saw palmetto berry and hbp
(Posted by a 71 year old man who has Blood Pressure Decreased, and takes Saw Palmetto Berry)
recently got in to herbs ' had poor circulation in legs , hurt 24 -7 started taking ginger,powder & ginkgo leaf powder little to no leg pain now , yesterday started taking saw palmetto made one bath room call last night instead of 5-10 , have always high blood pressure with 2 -1/2 pills in am 1/2 at ...
More reviews for: Saw palmetto, Dry eye
- A study of side effects of Zetia for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Eyes - Dry (lack of adequate tears)
Comments: I was on Zetia for about a year for high cholesterol. I couldn't take statin drugs. 6 months into taking Zetia I went to my eye doctor for a routine checkup. He found severe scarring of the cornea in both eyes. I did not relate it to medication at this time. I went to a cornea specialist and she is ...
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Dry Eye (lack of adequate tears)
Comments: I have been experiencing symptoms of dry eye, stinging and burning and dryness in my eyes for 10 years shortly after being put on lamictal. I'm trying to see if there is anyone else who has experienced this.
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Narcolepsy, Speech Disorders, Chronic Pain, Sexual Apathy, Chronic Depression, Addh, Shoulder Blade Pain, Arthritis, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Eyes - Dry, Dry Mouth, Pain Threshold Decreased, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Umbilical Hernia, Sleep Disorder, Involuntary Body Movements, Restless Leg Syndrome, Dizziness, Nausea And Vomiting, Fatigue - Chronic, Essential Tremor, Heat Intolerance
Comments: Been incapacitated since xmas 2010, unable to work, life has been destroyed. Crawled away from abusive relationship, lost everything. Social Security is fighting me, it's disgusting. Doctors are wretched and worthless.
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Pain. The patient has Fatigue After Sun Exposure, Back Stiffness, Dry Skin, Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears), Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating)
Comments: Every Saturday, I take my 100 mg dose earlier than usual (typically 2-3 hours earlier) due to working the Farmer's Markets. We may be under a tent, but it doesn't block out all sun while it is coming up to the high noon position. I am out in the sun for around 5 hours. By then, I have sweated out an ...
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Saw Palmetto Berry for a patient with Hair Loss. The patient has Itching, Jaundice - Yellow Skin
Comments: i was diagnosed with syndrome of gilbert, thats why i have a yellowish skin (jaundice) i take also cranberry pills to counter jaundice, but doesnt really help i guess, but maybe the pills that i take to stop my hairloss, that i have for several years, might be the cause, those pills are: saw palmett ...
More related studies for: Saw palmetto, Dry eye
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.