Saw palmetto and Dry eye - from FDA reports
Dry eye is found among people who take Saw palmetto, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Coenzyme Q10, and have Arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Dry eye with Saw palmetto. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,720 people who have side effects when taking Saw palmetto from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
1,720 people reported to have side effects when taking Saw palmetto.
Among them, 11 people (0.64%) have Dry eye
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dry eye when taking Saw palmetto *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Dry eye when taking Saw palmetto *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 11.11 %
- 60+: 88.89 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care (3 people, 27.27%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (3 people, 27.27%)
- Gastrointestinal Motility Disorder (3 people, 27.27%)
- Dermatitis Herpetiformis (3 people, 27.27%)
- Arthritis (3 people, 27.27%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Coenzyme Q10 (6 people, 54.55%)
- Magnesium (5 people, 45.45%)
- Selenium (4 people, 36.36%)
- Grape Seed Extract (3 people, 27.27%)
- Acetylcysteine (3 people, 27.27%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Dizziness (6 people, 54.55%)
- Oedema Peripheral (5 people, 45.45%)
- Neuropathy Peripheral (5 people, 45.45%)
- Muscle Spasms (5 people, 45.45%)
- Fatigue (5 people, 45.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dry eye when taking Saw palmetto?
- Check symptoms - is dry eye caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDry eye and drugs with ingredients of saw palmetto.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDry eye and Saw palmetto from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Saw palmetto has active ingredients of saw palmetto. It is often used in prostate examination abnormal. (latest outcomes from Saw palmetto 1,893 users)
Dry eye (lack of adequate tears) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, dry eyes, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression (latest reports from 28,944 Dry eye patients).
Browse all side effects of Saw palmettoa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Dry eyeDry eye
Could your condition cause Dry eyeDry eye
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been on Losartan for appro three years. I have had dry eyes for three years, also. The last 6 months, it has gotten worse. I am currently under the care of an opthamologist. he has me on restasis, heat treatments, ointment at night and serum tears. Nothing seems to be helping. I ...
I am in pain everyday! My life sucks! I just want to know how to get some relief! Most days I don't want to get out of bed! My feet and legs hurt the most on me but lately my hands are starting to hurt! On my right foot I have a lump on the bottom of my foot, I have bunions(big) on both feet, ...
User reviews to the study
I took xarelto because of blood clot in my lung in 2014 but also I got a prostage enlarged then my doctor gave me proscar but I got terrible side effects: 100% decrease my sex life..no perm when sex...and more things occur on me... By these above reasons I would like to change to herbal ...
I take Candesaetsn and am struggling with dry eyes in the night and when I wake. I use eye drops frequently in the day and do twice daily eye hygiene program but there has been very little improvement over the past several months.
I have extremely dry eyes that really is so uncomfortable. I'm on Restasis but it's not helping as much as I had hoped. Sometimes I feel embarrassed in public because I have to close my eyes for a few seconds at a time when talking to people. But the worse part is when I force myself to think of ...