Saw palmetto and Indigestion - from FDA reports
Indigestion is found among people who take Saw palmetto, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Allopurinol, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter. This review analyzes which people have Indigestion with Saw palmetto. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,720 people who have side effects when taking Saw palmetto from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 25, 2017
1,720 people reported to have side effects when taking Saw palmetto.
Among them, 24 people (1.4%) have Indigestion
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Indigestion when taking Saw palmetto *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Indigestion when taking Saw palmetto *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 13.04 %
- 60+: 86.96 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Prostatic Disorder (3 people, 12.50%)
- Pain (3 people, 12.50%)
- Gout (3 people, 12.50%)
- Eczema (3 people, 12.50%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (3 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Allopurinol (6 people, 25.00%)
- Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide (5 people, 20.83%)
- Prilosec (4 people, 16.67%)
- Pradaxa (4 people, 16.67%)
- Levoxyl (4 people, 16.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (8 people, 33.33%)
- Diarrhea (7 people, 29.17%)
- Nausea (6 people, 25.00%)
- Rashes (5 people, 20.83%)
- Blood Urine Present (5 people, 20.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Indigestion when taking Saw palmetto?
- Check symptoms - is indigestion caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsIndigestion and drugs with ingredients of saw palmetto.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeIndigestion and Saw palmetto from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Saw palmetto has active ingredients of saw palmetto. It is often used in prostate examination abnormal. (latest outcomes from Saw palmetto 1,893 users)
Indigestion has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, type 2 diabetes, depression (latest reports from 86,781 Indigestion patients).
Browse all side effects of Saw palmettoa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with IndigestionIndigestion
Could your condition cause IndigestionIndigestion
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I took xarelto because of blood clot in my lung in 2014 but also I got a prostage enlarged then my doctor gave me proscar but I got terrible side effects: 100% decrease my sex life..no perm when sex...and more things occur on me... By these above reasons I would like to change to herbal ...
I am 75 and have started experiencing bronchospasm following dyspepsia. I could not catch my breath last night and it is the first time I have felt I would die imminently. I made myself try to relax which was not easy , facing suffocation. Eventually i caught my breath . My husband was out of ...
Hi, I have been on hydroxyurea for about 18 years and constantly have indigestion but without acid reflux, does anyone else have this happen to them ?. If so what do you take to help with the symptoms. Would appreciate any feedback back. Cheers Debbie