Review: could Selenium sulfide cause Constipation?
Summary: Constipation is found among people who take Selenium sulfide, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Vitamin e, and have Arthritis.
We study 361 people who have side effects while taking Selenium sulfide from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Selenium sulfide and have Constipation >>>
Selenium Sulfide has active ingredients of selenium sulfide. (latest outcomes from 380 Selenium Sulfide users)
Constipation has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 81,512 Constipation patients)
On Apr, 25, 2015: 361 people reported to have side effects when taking Selenium sulfide. Among them, 14 people (3.88%) have Constipation.
Time on Selenium sulfide when people have Constipation * :
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Selenium sulfide * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Selenium sulfide * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Selenium sulfide ** :
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Arthritis (4 people, 28.57%)
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (2 people, 14.29%)
- Parkinson's disease (2 people, 14.29%)
- Depression (2 people, 14.29%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (1 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin e (7 people, 50.00%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (6 people, 42.86%)
- Multi-vitamin (6 people, 42.86%)
- Celebrex (5 people, 35.71%)
- Atenolol (5 people, 35.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of selenium sulfide and constipation on
Do you have Constipation while taking Selenium Sulfide?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Selenium sulfide and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Selenium sulfide
- support group for people who have Constipation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Phentermine, Vesicare, Depo-provera for a 20-year old woman with Weight Gain - Unintentional, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Endometriosis. The patient has Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Meloxicam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Atenolol And Chlorthalidone for a 54-year old woman with Constipation, Osteoarthritis, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Constipation, Weight Gain
Recent Selenium sulfide related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.