Review: could Seroquel xr cause Erection problems?
Summary: Erection problems is found among people who take Seroquel xr, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Depakote, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 9,010 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel xr from FDA and social media. Among them, 27 have Erection problems. Find out below who they are, when they have Erection problems and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Seroquel xr and have Erection problems >>>
Seroquel xr has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 9,521 Seroquel xr users)
Erection problems has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, hair loss, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 31,457 Erection problems patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 9,010 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel xr. Among them, 27 people (0.30%) have Erection Problems.
Time on Seroquel xr when people have Erection problems * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erection problems||66.67%||8.33%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Erection problems when taking Seroquel xr * :
|Erection problems||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Erection problems when taking Seroquel xr * :
|Erection problems||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.41%||21.62%||45.95%||2.70%||24.32% |
Severity of Erection problems when taking Seroquel xr ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erection problems||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Erection problems ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (21 people, 77.78%)
- Mania (8 people, 29.63%)
- Depression (7 people, 25.93%)
- Schizophrenia (4 people, 14.81%)
- Alcoholism (4 people, 14.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Depakote (10 people, 37.04%)
- Cymbalta (6 people, 22.22%)
- Lisinopril (4 people, 14.81%)
- Campral (4 people, 14.81%)
- Fanapt (3 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Seroquel xr and erection problems on
Do you have Erection Problems while taking Seroquel Xr?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Seroquel xr and have Erection Problems
- support group for people who take Seroquel xr
- support group for people who have Erection Problems
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Quetiapine Fumarate for a 38-year old man with Schizoaffective Disorder. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Lamictal, Wellbutrin Sr for a 55-year old man with Chronic Depression. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Wellbutrin for a 50-year old man with ADHD. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor, Xanax, Seroquel for a 49-year old man with Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss, Sexual Dysfunction, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of drug interactions between Toradol, Seroquel for a 49-year old woman with Pain In Limb, Sleep Aid. The patient has Single Functional Kidney, Erection Problems
Recent Seroquel xr related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Marijuana for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
- Comparions of Lyrica, Seroquel, Paxil, Cymbalta for a 30-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 22-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of , Seroquel for a 59-year old woman who has Insomnia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.