Review: could Seroquel xr cause Restless leg syndrome?
Summary: Restless leg syndrome is found among people who take Seroquel xr, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Klonopin, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 9,013 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel xr from FDA and social media. Among them, 45 have Restless leg syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless leg syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Seroquel xr and have Restless leg syndrome >>>
Seroquel xr has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 9,523 Seroquel xr users)
Restless leg syndrome
Restless leg syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 17,498 Restless leg syndrome patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 9,013 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel xr. Among them, 45 people (0.50%) have Restless Leg Syndrome.
Time on Seroquel xr when people have Restless leg syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless leg syndrome||47.06%||11.76%||29.41%||0.00%||11.76%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Seroquel xr * :
|Restless leg syndrome||58.16%||41.84% |
Age of people who have Restless leg syndrome when taking Seroquel xr * :
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.45%||32.18%||16.09%||39.08%||9.20% |
Severity of Restless leg syndrome when taking Seroquel xr ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||50.00%||16.67%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Restless leg syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless leg syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (28 people, 62.22%)
- Depression (20 people, 44.44%)
- Anxiety (17 people, 37.78%)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (17 people, 37.78%)
- Bipolar i disorder (11 people, 24.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Klonopin (17 people, 37.78%)
- Effexor (10 people, 22.22%)
- Depakote (10 people, 22.22%)
- Lithium (9 people, 20.00%)
- Ristoral (9 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of seroquel xr and restless leg syndrome on
Do you have Restless Leg Syndrome while taking Seroquel Xr?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Seroquel xr and have Restless Leg Syndrome
- support group for people who take Seroquel xr
- support group for people who have Restless Leg Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 40-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Proair Hfa, Adderall Xr 30, Effexor Xr, Seroquel Xr for a 23-year old woman with Asthma, Adhd, Bipolar, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Mood Swings
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
- A study of side effects of Haloperidol for a 35-year old man with Schizophrenia. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome
Recent Seroquel xr related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atomoxetine Hydrochloride, Seroquel for a 34-year old man who has ADHD
- Comparions of Seroquel, Baclofen for a 22-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
- Comparions of Seroquel, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.