Review: could Seroquel xr cause Skin rash (Rashes)?
Summary: Skin rash is found among people who take Seroquel xr, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Klonopin, and have Depression.
We study 9,014 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel xr from FDA and social media. Among them, 78 have Skin rash. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin rash and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Seroquel xr and have Skin rash >>>
Seroquel xr has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 9,524 Seroquel xr users)
Skin rash (redness) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 146,526 Skin rash patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 9,013 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel xr. Among them, 78 people (0.87%) have Skin Rash.
Time on Seroquel xr when people have Skin rash * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin rash||60.78%||31.37%||1.96%||3.92%||0.00%||1.96%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Skin rash when taking Seroquel xr * :
|Skin rash||78.12%||21.88% |
Age of people who have Skin rash when taking Seroquel xr * :
|Skin rash||0.00%||1.02%||1.02%||12.18%||16.24%||10.15%||18.27%||41.12% |
Severity of Skin rash when taking Seroquel xr ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Skin rash||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Skin rash ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Skin rash||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (63 people, 80.77%)
- Anxiety (48 people, 61.54%)
- Bipolar disorder (46 people, 58.97%)
- Schizophrenia (43 people, 55.13%)
- Insomnia (31 people, 39.74%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Klonopin (38 people, 48.72%)
- Citalopram hydrobromide (38 people, 48.72%)
- Prilosec otc (38 people, 48.72%)
- Trazodone hydrochloride (36 people, 46.15%)
- Zoloft (35 people, 44.87%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of seroquel xr and skin rash on
Do you have Skin Rash while taking Seroquel Xr?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Seroquel xr and have Skin Rash
- support group for people who take Seroquel xr
- support group for people who have Skin Rash
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Paracetamol, Butrans, Levoprome, Seroquel for a 24-year old woman with Pain - Back, Bipolar Mania.
- A study of side effects of Co-codamol for a 29-year old woman with Neck Pain. The patient has Rash Generalised
- A study of side effects of Quetiapine Fumarate for a 20-year old woman with Miscarriage. The patient has Depression, Dark Circles Under Eyes, Yellow Skin, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Decreased Appetite, Headache, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Amlodipine Besylate, Nexium for a 55-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Increased Thirst, Dry Skin, Diarrhea, Skin Rash, Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Quetiapine Fumarate, Klonopin, Divalproex for a 25-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Abdominal Pain
Recent Seroquel xr related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atomoxetine Hydrochloride, Seroquel for a 34-year old man who has ADHD
- Comparions of Seroquel, Baclofen for a 22-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
- Comparions of Seroquel, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.