Review: could Seroquel cause Amnesia (Memory loss)?
Summary: Amnesia is found among people who take Seroquel, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Seroquel xr, and have Depression.
We study 76,299 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,914 have Amnesia. Find out below who they are, when they have Amnesia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Seroquel and have Amnesia >>>
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 79,156 Seroquel users)
Amnesia (deficit in memory caused by brain damage, disease, or psychological trauma) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 68,258 Amnesia patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 76,286 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel. Among them, 1,936 people (2.54%) have Amnesia.
Time on Seroquel when people have Amnesia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Amnesia when taking Seroquel * :
Age of people who have Amnesia when taking Seroquel * :
Severity of Amnesia when taking Seroquel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Amnesia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (1,434 people, 74.07%)
- Bipolar disorder (1,281 people, 66.17%)
- Sleep disorder (1,248 people, 64.46%)
- Anxiety (1,077 people, 55.63%)
- Bipolar i disorder (504 people, 26.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel xr (643 people, 33.21%)
- Xanax (596 people, 30.79%)
- Lamictal (514 people, 26.55%)
- Klonopin (467 people, 24.12%)
- Ativan (424 people, 21.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of seroquel and amnesia on
Do you have Amnesia while taking Seroquel?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Seroquel and have Amnesia
- support group for people who take Seroquel
- support group for people who have Amnesia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Latuda, Vyvanse, Zopiclone, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 21-year old woman with Panic Attack, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Anxiety, Apathy, Hypomania, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Tremor, Memory Impairment
- A study of side effects of Seroquel Xr for a 41-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Sleepy, Abdominal Pain, Headache (pain in head)
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 54-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Throat Irritation
- A study of side effects of Neurontin for a 32-year old woman with Neuropathy. The patient has Memory Impairment
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Clonazepam, Valproic Acid for a 33-year old man with Bipolar Disorder, Panic Disorder. The patient has Impaired Memory, Memory Impairment, Disturbance In Attention, Cognitive Deterioration
Recent Seroquel related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Seroquel, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Marijuana for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
- Comparions of Lyrica, Seroquel, Paxil, Cymbalta for a 30-year old man who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.