Seroquel and Amnesia - from FDA reports
Amnesia is found among people who take Seroquel, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Xanax, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Amnesia with Seroquel. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 88,132 people who have side effects when taking Seroquel from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
88,132 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel.
Among them, 2,361 people (2.68%) have Amnesia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Seroquel when people have Amnesia *:
- < 1 month: 22.97 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.96 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.89 %
- 1 - 2 years: 14.49 %
- 2 - 5 years: 27.56 %
- 5 - 10 years: 10.25 %
- 10+ years: 3.89 %
Gender of people who have Amnesia when taking Seroquel *:
- female: 63.13 %
- male: 36.87 %
Age of people who have Amnesia when taking Seroquel *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.16 %
- 10-19: 3.19 %
- 20-29: 7.22 %
- 30-39: 12.85 %
- 40-49: 23.37 %
- 50-59: 29.37 %
- 60+: 23.84 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (195 people, 8.26%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (132 people, 5.59%)
- High Blood Pressure (125 people, 5.29%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (84 people, 3.56%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (71 people, 3.01%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax (273 people, 11.56%)
- Ambien (222 people, 9.40%)
- Klonopin (210 people, 8.89%)
- Cymbalta (204 people, 8.64%)
- Neurontin (186 people, 7.88%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (380 people, 16.09%)
- Confusional State (350 people, 14.82%)
- Headache (325 people, 13.77%)
- Weight Increased (315 people, 13.34%)
- Dizziness (313 people, 13.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Amnesia when taking Seroquel?
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Seroquel 93,538 users)
Amnesia (deficit in memory caused by brain damage, disease, or psychological trauma) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 112,643 Amnesia patients).