Review: could Seroquel cause Chest pain?
Summary: Chest pain is found among people who take Seroquel, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zyprexa, and have Depression.
We study 76,299 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,780 have Chest pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Chest pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Seroquel and have Chest pain >>>
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 79,156 Seroquel users)
Chest pain has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 136,852 Chest pain patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 76,299 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel. Among them, 1,780 people (2.33%) have Chest Pain.
Time on Seroquel when people have Chest pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Chest pain||7.09%||14.51%||7.17%||16.93%||34.45%||18.52%||1.33% |
Gender of people who have Chest pain when taking Seroquel * :
|Chest pain||57.67%||42.33% |
Age of people who have Chest pain when taking Seroquel * :
|Chest pain||0.58%||0.24%||1.62%||7.83%||17.38%||37.88%||23.97%||10.48% |
Severity of Chest pain when taking Seroquel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Chest pain||14.29%||57.14%||21.43%||7.14% |
How people recovered from Chest pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Chest pain||12.50%||0.00%||87.50% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (1,780 people, 100.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (1,511 people, 84.89%)
- Anxiety (1,453 people, 81.63%)
- Sleep disorder (1,071 people, 60.17%)
- Schizophrenia (804 people, 45.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyprexa (1,336 people, 75.06%)
- Risperdal (1,324 people, 74.38%)
- Aspirin (977 people, 54.89%)
- Depakote (935 people, 52.53%)
- Abilify (840 people, 47.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of seroquel and chest pain on
Do you have Chest Pain while taking Seroquel?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Seroquel and have Chest Pain
- support group for people who take Seroquel
- support group for people who have Chest Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Seroquel Xr for a 41-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Sleepy, Abdominal Pain, Headache (pain in head)
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 54-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Throat Irritation
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Quetiapine Fumarate for a 39-year old woman with Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Tikosyn, Pantoprazole, Lisinopril, Baby Aspirin, Centrum Silver, Potassium Chloride, Clonazepam, Eliquis, Lasix for a 46-year old woman with Afif, Cardiac Ablation, Hypertension, Stroke Secondary To Atrial Fibrillation, Vitamin C And Colds, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Stress And Anxiety, Jet Lag. The patient has Svt, Nsvt, Dizziness, Chest Discomfort
- A study of side effects of Aztreonam for a 24-year old woman with Mrsa Infection. The patient has Vertigo, Muscle Stiffness (weakness and loss of muscle control due to nerve damage in brain), Chest Tightness Or Pressure, Sleep Walking (walking during sleep)
Recent Seroquel related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Marijuana for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
- Comparions of Lyrica, Seroquel, Paxil, Cymbalta for a 30-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 22-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.