Review: could Seroquel cause Completed suicide?
Summary: Completed suicide is found among people who take Seroquel, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel xr, and have Depression.
We study 76,299 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel from FDA and social media. Among them, 655 have Completed suicide. Find out below who they are, when they have Completed suicide and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Seroquel and have Completed suicide >>>
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 79,156 Seroquel users)
Completed suicide (act of taking one's own life) has been reported by people with depression, suicide attempt, ill-defined disorder, pain, quit smoking. (latest reports from 36,355 Completed suicide patients)
On Feb, 25, 2015: 76,286 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel. Among them, 655 people (0.86%) have Completed Suicide.
Time on Seroquel when people have Completed suicide * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Completed suicide||62.82%||17.95%||10.26%||5.13%||2.56%||1.28%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Completed suicide when taking Seroquel * :
|Completed suicide||54.09%||45.91% |
Age of people who have Completed suicide when taking Seroquel * :
|Completed suicide||1.57%||0.13%||4.46%||13.11%||29.75%||23.33%||17.17%||10.48% |
Severity of Completed suicide when taking Seroquel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Completed suicide||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Completed suicide ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (187 people, 28.55%)
- Bipolar disorder (87 people, 13.28%)
- Anxiety (76 people, 11.60%)
- Bipolar i disorder (67 people, 10.23%)
- Schizophrenia (50 people, 7.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel xr (82 people, 12.52%)
- Neurontin (63 people, 9.62%)
- Lexapro (61 people, 9.31%)
- Klonopin (56 people, 8.55%)
- Diazepam (53 people, 8.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Sceptic (4 years ago):
According to the same study, 355 baby's, all below the age of 2 years old, developed a depression...
Reply the comment
Sceptic (4 years ago):
Excuse me, but according to this study at least 61 baby's commited suicide. Could someone please explain to me how a 1 yeard old child is able to commit suicide?
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of seroquel and completed suicide on
Do you have Completed Suicide while taking Seroquel?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Seroquel and have Completed Suicide
- support group for people who take Seroquel
- support group for people who have Completed Suicide
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Seroquel Xr for a 41-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Sleepy, Abdominal Pain, Headache (pain in head)
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 54-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Throat Irritation
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Quetiapine Fumarate for a 39-year old woman with Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Seroquel for a 52-year old woman with Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome, Sleep Walking
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin, Ativan, Seroquel, Lamictal, Trileptal for a 65-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Vertigo, Vomiting, Nausea, Ataxia, Double Vision
Recent Seroquel related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Marijuana for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
- Comparions of Lyrica, Seroquel, Paxil, Cymbalta for a 30-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 22-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.