Review: could Seroquel cause Confusion?
Summary: Confusion is found among people who take Seroquel, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel xr, and have Depression.
We study 76,243 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel from FDA and social media. Among them, 607 have Confusion. Find out below who they are, when they have Confusion and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Seroquel and have Confusion >>>
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Seroquel 79,098 users)
Confusion has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Confusion 36,429 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 76,232 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel. Among them, 615 people (0.81%) have Confusion.
Time on Seroquel when people have Confusion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Confusion when taking Seroquel * :
Age of people who have Confusion when taking Seroquel * :
Severity of Confusion when taking Seroquel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Confusion ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (347 people, 56.42%)
- Bipolar disorder (306 people, 49.76%)
- Anxiety (283 people, 46.02%)
- Sleep disorder (176 people, 28.62%)
- Convulsion (120 people, 19.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel xr (176 people, 28.62%)
- Lamictal (140 people, 22.76%)
- Lexapro (135 people, 21.95%)
- Ativan (112 people, 18.21%)
- Depakote er (112 people, 18.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Confusion while taking Seroquel?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Seroquel and have Confusion
- support group for people who take Seroquel
- support group for people who have Confusion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Seroquel, Confusion
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bipolar patient extremely violent on seraquel
I have been diagnosed bipolar for over 10 years. 3 years ago I was taken off of topamax and my seraquel was upped to 300 mg from 100 because I was pregnant. I was very violent! Punching, breaking stuff, in jail, in the psych ward. Yes pregnancy and bipolar are not a perfect combination. I too thought it was the hormones. My husband and split several times over me punching him. We moved to a state cross country so there was no more family drama. Nothing worked! Over the last 3 years my life has been hell! I happen to run out of my seroquel (tg) it took 2 weeks to arrive. In that time my body went thru horrible withdrawals. I vowed I wouldn't take it any longer. I've been seraquel free for 2 months. I'm now on gabapentin and proud to say I have no anger issues! Not 1 punch has
been thrown. I feel like a totally different person.
- Seroquel and iron deficiency?
I've been taking Seroquel for about four year, I have been having symptoms similar to hypothyroidism, and just found out I have an iron deficiency. The doctor said my platelets are smaller than average, and it is possible that my grandmother is anemic. But in trying to study Seroquel I kept finding things that made me wonder if Seroquel could be linked to iron deficiency.
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have now been on 60mg of Cymbalta for about 4 weeks and completely titrated off the Mirtazapine.
I have noted that since switching to Cymbalta that I no longer have the insatiable appetite, nor have I had any further sleep paralysis episodes (though I have had a brain MRI to rule out any physiological issues - yet to receive results).
I have noticed that I have had mild to moderate rolling nausea with the Cymbalta and that I now have food aversions. Food does not interest me as much anymore and I find that certain foods (mostly processed snacks) are no longer palatable. I also find that I become full after much smaller meal portions.
I have found that I can no longer drink wine or spirits because they now taste awful however I can still tolerate certain brands of beer. I also no longer enjoy drinking cola.
I am also on the Implanon Implant. I have had this implant inserted for about 12 months and my cycles have been rather regular. Since starting the Cymbalta I have had some breakthrough bleeding yet my periods have not been as painful, though they have been heavier and longer.
My Psychiatrist will commence titrating me off the Seroquel in about two weeks and onto Topamax as it is his belief it will be less sedating than the Seroquel and that it will hopefully help as a mood stabiliser, treat my migraines and allow me to come off the Propranolol. he also hopes that I am able to loose some of the weight gained since the sleep paralysis episodes started.
As a side note regarding the Propranolol, I have naturally low blood pressure and I find while Propranalol is generally an effective migraine prophylactic, (I do get some breakthrough migraines) it does make my blood pressure even lower which leads to dizziness and faintness when I stand up too quickly from a recumbent position.
- Xanax bed wetting will it stop and do i wear diapers or die (1 response)
I am on the very edge of crazy. So starting this is pushing ne way over. I'm 49 for crap sakes. I am so tired of the pain in my body and I am just tired, this is the last slap I can't anymore. Naturally alcohol I am sure is just about the end game along with cuts.
Just want to bleed out and not hurt anymore and be so scared to leave my house or sleep. I just want to sleep forever.
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cetaphil moisturizer, and started using the black soap which is apparently helping. I started a vegetarian diet and eat mainly the same foods daily to monitor anything for allergies. I stopped taking the pill 3 days ago and I am optimistic. I am hoping others have had positive experiences.
More reviews for: Seroquel, Confusion
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have lost almost all memory while on these medications and I cannot remember that part of my life while on them I can only remember bits and pieces. I was on all this medication due to my drug induced psycosis and to stop my paranoia and wanting to harm myself and others. This was over 12 years ag ...
- Loratadine was prescribed for "sinus headaches" by pediatric doctor, medicine has had no significant impact on allergies or the headaches it was originally prescribed for. Listed symptoms first noticed after approx. 1 to 1.5 years of continuous use.
- I just stopped taking lomotil, day two of four day wean. Very saddened to think this med is causing. Only thing so far that stopped my wattery diahrrea. I have sever IBS-D. I am very hyper sensitive, have been on meds since October 27, 2014.
Only thing they could rule out it was only thing new. Sa ...
- I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- I have sjogrens and possible mild SLE, hypothyroidism, and bipolar II. I have been off most of my meds for the past 6 mos. I have recently restarted seroquel to help me sleep. Today for the first time ever I noticed a strong maple syrupy smell to my urine. I never knew it was a thing, but looke ...
More related studies for: Seroquel, Confusion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.