Review: could Seroquel cause Confusion?
Summary: Confusion is found among people who take Seroquel, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel xr, and have Depression.
We study 76,299 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel from FDA and social media. Among them, 608 have Confusion. Find out below who they are, when they have Confusion and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Seroquel and have Confusion >>>
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 79,156 Seroquel users)
Confusion has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 36,491 Confusion patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 76,299 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel. Among them, 616 people (0.81%) have Confusion.
Time on Seroquel when people have Confusion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Confusion when taking Seroquel * :
Age of people who have Confusion when taking Seroquel * :
Severity of Confusion when taking Seroquel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Confusion ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (347 people, 56.33%)
- Bipolar disorder (306 people, 49.68%)
- Anxiety (283 people, 45.94%)
- Sleep disorder (176 people, 28.57%)
- Convulsion (120 people, 19.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel xr (177 people, 28.73%)
- Lamictal (140 people, 22.73%)
- Lexapro (135 people, 21.92%)
- Ativan (112 people, 18.18%)
- Depakote er (112 people, 18.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Seroquel and confusion on
Do you have Confusion while taking Seroquel?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Seroquel and have Confusion
- support group for people who take Seroquel
- support group for people who have Confusion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Gabapentin, Apple Cider Vinegar, Terramycin, Turmeric, Vitamin D, Glutamine, Tobrex, Glutamic Acid HCl, Paracetamol, Timolol Maleate, Bimatoprost, Alphagan, Adalat Cc for a 64-year old man with Insomnia, Low Back Pain, Ibs, Eye Infection, Headache, Glaucoma, Hypertension. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Latuda, Vyvanse, Zopiclone, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 21-year old woman with Panic Attack, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Anxiety, Apathy, Hypomania, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Tremor, Memory Impairment
- A study of side effects of Rogaine Extra Strength for a 22-year old man with Hair Loss. The patient has Thoughts - Cloudy (thoughts are becoming confusing)
- A study of side effects of Seroquel Xr for a 41-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Sleepy, Abdominal Pain, Headache (pain in head)
- A study of drug interactions between Qsymia, Fetzima for a 46-year old man with Weight Loss, Depression. The patient has Tremor, Confusion, Dialated Pupils, Diaphoresis, Palpation, Insomnia, Hypertension
Recent Seroquel related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Seroquel, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Marijuana for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
- Comparions of Lyrica, Seroquel, Paxil, Cymbalta for a 30-year old man who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.