Home > Seroquel > Confusion > Seroquel and Confusion
Review: could Seroquel cause Confusion?
Summary: Confusion is found among people who take Seroquel, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel xr, and have Depression.
We study 76,232 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel from FDA and social media. Among them, 607 have Confusion. Find out below who they are, when they have Confusion and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Seroquel and have Confusion >>>
Seroquel (latest outcomes from 79,084 users) has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Confusion (latest reports from 193,864 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 76,223 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel. Among them, 615 people (0.81%) have Confusion.
Time on Seroquel when people have Confusion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Confusion when taking Seroquel * :
Age of people who have Confusion when taking Seroquel * :
Severity of Confusion when taking Seroquel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Confusion ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (347 people, 56.42%)
- Bipolar disorder (306 people, 49.76%)
- Anxiety (283 people, 46.02%)
- Sleep disorder (176 people, 28.62%)
- Convulsion (120 people, 19.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel xr (176 people, 28.62%)
- Lamictal (140 people, 22.76%)
- Lexapro (135 people, 21.95%)
- Ativan (112 people, 18.21%)
- Depakote er (112 people, 18.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Confusion while taking Seroquel?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Seroquel and have Confusion
- support group for people who take Seroquel
- support group for people who have Confusion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does anyone have experience of taking the supplement gaba with seroquel/quetiapine at night to aid sleep?. taking quetiapine 150 mg gives inconsistent sleep.
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia, and takes Seroquel)
With seroquel my sleep is inconsistent and if I have a bad night's sleep, I don't just feel tired, I feel breathless, headache, strange sensations, as if I haven't slept off side effects. It can make me feel relaxed when I take it but not sleepy.
- What are the drug interactions of seroquel and belviq
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who takes Belviq, Seroquel)
My doctor won't Belviq because he says there is a drug interaction. What is it he couldn't tell me.
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who takes Wellbutrin, Synthroid, Seroquel, Neurontin, Nexium, Losartan, Lamictal, Cardizem La)
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath, Confusion, Sleepy, and takes Vicodin)
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- Does seroquel cause popliteal anyresum
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has Cataracts, Aorticv Valve Calcification, Popliteal Anyreusm, and takes Seroquel)
Need to have popliteal anyreusm removed from behind right kneee and replaced by artery from left leg
More questions for: Seroquel, Confusion
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bipolar patient extremely violent on seraquel
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Bipolar, and takes Seroquel)
I have been diagnosed bipolar for over 10 years. 3 years ago I was taken off of topamax and my seraquel was upped to 300 mg from 100 because I was pregnant. I was very violent! Punching, breaking stuff, in jail, in the psych ward. Yes pregnancy and bipolar are not a perfect combination. I too thoug ...
- Seroquel and iron deficiency?
(Posted by a 24 year old woman who has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, and takes Seroquel)
I've been taking Seroquel for about four year, I have been having symptoms similar to hypothyroidism, and just found out I have an iron deficiency. The doctor said my platelets are smaller than average, and it is possible that my grandmother is anemic. But in trying to study Seroquel I kept finding ...
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar 2, and takes Mirtazapine, Implanon, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Cymbalta)
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
- Xanax bed wetting will it stop and do i wear diapers or die
(Posted by a 48 year old man who has Bedwetting, Confusion, Bone And Joint Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Depression Suicidal, Backaches And Stress, and takes Xanax, Acetaminophen, Wellbutrin, Methadone Hydrochloride, Norco)
I am on the very edge of crazy. So starting this is pushing ne way over. I'm 49 for crap sakes. I am so tired of the pain in my body and I am just tired, this is the last slap I can't anymore. Naturally alcohol I am sure is just about the end game along with cuts.
Just want to bleed out and not hur ...
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Eczema, and takes Imitrex, Westcort, Kenalog, Garcinia Cambogia, Singulair, Ultracet, Baclofen, Percocet, Naproxen, Topamax, Lamotrigine, Seroquel, Microgestin Fe 1/20)
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cet ...
More reviews for: Seroquel, Confusion
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Celexa, Clozapine, Lotrimin, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Lovenox, Albuterol, Lorazepam, Meropenem, Nystatin, Zofran, Oxytocin, Quetiapine Fumarate, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Hypertension, Unknown, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Bedridden, Lung Disorder, Oral Thrush, Pain, Psychosis, Pneumonia Streptococcal. The patient has Weakness, Agitation, Delusions, Mixed
Comments: was in ICU on ventalator for 14 dyas , moved to regular room for 7 days not getting any better mentally
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a patient with Schizophrenia. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Comments: Yet drugs are continued
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Lamictal, Prozac for a patient with ADHD, Birth Control, Mood Disorder, Depression. The patient has Mood Swings, Headache, Confusion Aggravated, Absence Seizure, Fainting
Comments: Lamictal was doubled and during menses, the episodes started
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Maple Syrup Urine Disease (inherited disorder of metabolism in which the urine has a odour characteristic of maple syrup)
Comments: I have sjogrens and possible mild SLE, hypothyroidism, and bipolar II. I have been off most of my meds for the past 6 mos. I have recently restarted seroquel to help me sleep. Today for the first time ever I noticed a strong maple syrupy smell to my urine. I never knew it was a thing, but looke ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fetzima, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Loratadine, Seroquel, Lamotrigine, Clonazepam, Baclofen, Levaquin, Oxycontin for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder, Acid Reflux, Nervous System Disorder, Allergic Cough, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety Disorder, Pain - Back, Chronic Bronchitis, Crps. The patient has Pulse Abnormal, Shakes, Fever, Chills, Chest Tightness, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Cough, Weakness
Comments: I just had surgery on my left calf 11/03/14 and the infection disease center called today and said I had NOCARDIA growth.
More related studies for: Seroquel, Confusion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.