Review: could Seroquel cause High cholesterol (High Blood Cholesterol)?
Summary: High cholesterol is found among people who take Seroquel, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Risperdal, and have Depression.
We study 76,310 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel from FDA and social media. Among them, 3,105 have High cholesterol. Find out below who they are, when they have High cholesterol and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Seroquel and have High cholesterol >>>
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 79,166 Seroquel users)
High cholesterol has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, osteopenia, pain. (latest reports from 171,941 High cholesterol patients)
On Apr, 17, 2015: 76,310 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel. Among them, 3,105 people (4.07%) have High Cholesterol.
Time on Seroquel when people have High cholesterol * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High cholesterol||6.08%||8.71%||5.87%||16.50%||36.43%||24.13%||2.27% |
Gender of people who have High cholesterol when taking Seroquel * :
|High cholesterol||64.33%||35.67% |
Age of people who have High cholesterol when taking Seroquel * :
|High cholesterol||0.49%||0.04%||0.95%||7.48%||21.29%||40.21%||24.17%||5.37% |
Severity of High cholesterol when taking Seroquel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High cholesterol||0.00%||33.33%||50.00%||16.67% |
How people recovered from High cholesterol ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High cholesterol||14.29%||28.57%||57.14% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (3,105 people, 100.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (3,105 people, 100.00%)
- Anxiety (3,105 people, 100.00%)
- Sleep disorder (3,105 people, 100.00%)
- Schizophrenia (3,105 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Risperdal (3,105 people, 100.00%)
- Zyprexa (3,105 people, 100.00%)
- Abilify (3,105 people, 100.00%)
- Geodon (3,105 people, 100.00%)
- Depakote (3,082 people, 99.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Cholesterol while taking Seroquel?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Seroquel and have High Cholesterol
- support group for people who take Seroquel
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Gabapentin, Robaxin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Topamax, Cymbalta, Xanax for a 28-year old woman with Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Sciatica, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Insomnia, Borderline Personality Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has Nightmares
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 45-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Stomach Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Paracetamol, Butrans, Levoprome, Seroquel for a 24-year old woman with Pain - Back, Bipolar Mania.
- A study of side effects of Quetiapine Fumarate for a 20-year old woman with Miscarriage. The patient has Depression, Dark Circles Under Eyes, Yellow Skin, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Decreased Appetite, Headache, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Quetiapine Fumarate, Klonopin, Divalproex for a 25-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Abdominal Pain
Recent Seroquel related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 51-year old man who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Seroquel, Alprazolam for a 46-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Atomoxetine Hydrochloride, Seroquel for a 34-year old man who has ADHD
- Comparions of Seroquel, Baclofen for a 22-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.