Review: could Seroquel cause High blood potassium level (Hyperkalemia)?
Summary: High blood potassium level is found among people who take Seroquel, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Zyprexa, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 76,310 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel from FDA and social media. Among them, 179 have High blood potassium level. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood potassium level and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Seroquel and have High blood potassium level >>>
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 79,169 Seroquel users)
High blood potassium level
On Apr, 7, 2015: 76,299 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel. Among them, 179 people (0.23%) have High Blood Potassium Level.
Time on Seroquel when people have High blood potassium level * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood potassium level||20.42%||7.04%||3.52%||2.11%||22.54%||28.87%||15.49% |
Gender of people who have High blood potassium level when taking Seroquel * :
|High blood potassium level||68.16%||31.84% |
Age of people who have High blood potassium level when taking Seroquel * :
|High blood potassium level||0.24%||0.00%||0.73%||5.08%||15.50%||50.12%||13.08%||15.25% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (179 people, 100.00%)
- Depression (171 people, 95.53%)
- Anxiety (92 people, 51.40%)
- Bipolar i disorder (92 people, 51.40%)
- Sleep disorder (88 people, 49.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyprexa (179 people, 100.00%)
- Risperdal (179 people, 100.00%)
- Haldol (151 people, 84.36%)
- Lisinopril (150 people, 83.80%)
- Zocor (143 people, 79.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Potassium Level while taking Seroquel?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Seroquel and have High Blood Potassium Level
- support group for people who take Seroquel
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Quetiapine Fumarate for a 20-year old woman with Miscarriage. The patient has Depression, Dark Circles Under Eyes, Yellow Skin, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Decreased Appetite, Headache, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Quetiapine Fumarate, Klonopin, Divalproex for a 25-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Pepcid Ac, Aspirin, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Calcium, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Metoprolol Succinate, Advair Diskus 100/50, Concerta, Imiquimod for a 53-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Acid Reflux, General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergy, Constipation, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Adhd, Plantar Warts. The patient has Blood Potassium Increased
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 40-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Weight Gain
Recent Seroquel related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atomoxetine Hydrochloride, Seroquel for a 34-year old man who has ADHD
- Comparions of Seroquel, Baclofen for a 22-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
- Comparions of Seroquel, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.