From FDA reports: Seroquel and High blood potassium level
This is a study of High blood potassium level (Hyperkalemia) among people who take Seroquel. The study analyzes: the time on Seroquel when people have High blood potassium level, gender and age of these people, the severity of High blood potassium level, how they recovered, and common conditions and drugs used besides Seroquel. In total 63,831 Seroquel users are studied. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and is updated regularly.
Do you have a question? Healthcare is personal: one drug can work differently between women and men, or for people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question, and ensure only patients like you can answer it? Our Personalized Q&A can help. Start now
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is used in bipolar disorder, insomnia, bipolar i disorder, depression, sleep disorder. Commonly reported side effects of Seroquel include diabetes, type 2 diabetes, pancreatitis, diabetic ketoacidosis, insomnia.
High blood potassium level
High blood potassium level has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, pain, type 2 diabetes, cardiac failure.
On Jun, 14, 2013: 63,831 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel. Among them, 171 people (0.27%) have High Blood Potassium Level.
Time on Seroquel when people have High blood potassium level * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood potassium level||20.71%||7.14%||3.57%||2.14%||22.14%||29.29%||15.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood potassium level when taking Seroquel * :
|High blood potassium level||68.12%||31.88% |
Age of people who have High blood potassium level when taking Seroquel * :
|High blood potassium level||0.25%||0.00%||0.74%||5.21%||15.63%||51.36%||11.91%||14.89% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (171 people, 100.00%)
- Depression (167 people, 97.66%)
- Bipolar i disorder (92 people, 53.80%)
- Anxiety (90 people, 52.63%)
- Hallucination, auditory (87 people, 50.88%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyprexa (171 people, 100.00%)
- Risperdal (171 people, 100.00%)
- Haldol (151 people, 88.30%)
- Lisinopril (147 people, 85.96%)
- Zocor (143 people, 83.63%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
(If the study does not answer your question, use Personalized Q&A)
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Next: check whether high blood potassium level is from a drug or a condition
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Seroquel (quetiapine fumarate) is often used for bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions Seroquel is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Seroquel used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Seroquel side effects from A to Z:
Browse Seroquel drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Biotin for a 30-year old woman who has Eczema (14 minutes ago)
- Atenolol for a 32-year old man who has Tachycardia (1 hour ago)
- Xyzal, Meloxicam, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Cozaar for a 57-year old woman who has Allergies, Arthritis, Hypothyroidism, Hypertension (1 hour ago)
- Claravis for a 15-year old boy who has Acne Cystic (2 hours ago)
- Cymbalta for a 75-year old woman who has Neuropathy Peripheral (2 hours ago)
- Neurontin for a 42-year old woman who has Bipolar Affective Disorder Aggravated (2 hours ago)
- Prometrium for a 54-year old woman who has Estradiol - Test (2 hours ago)
- Viibryd for a 42-year old woman who has Anxiety (2 hours ago)
- Elidel for a 15-year old girl who has Excema (2 hours ago)
- Ortho Tri-cyclen, Omeprazole, Folic Acid, Oxycontin, Cymbalta, Gabapentin for a 28-year old woman who has Birth Control, Acid Reflux, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Pain - Joints, Depression, Neuropathy (2 hours ago)