Review: could Seroquel cause Loss of appetite (Appetite - decreased)?
Summary: Loss of appetite is found among people who take Seroquel, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Celexa, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 76,310 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel from FDA and social media. Among them, 624 have Loss of appetite. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of appetite and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Seroquel and have Loss of appetite >>>
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 79,169 Seroquel users)
Loss of appetite
Loss of appetite (lack of feeling to eat) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 52,340 Loss of appetite patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 76,299 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel. Among them, 615 people (0.81%) have Loss Of Appetite.
Time on Seroquel when people have Loss of appetite * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of appetite||15.93%||28.81%||18.98%||10.17%||16.27%||9.83%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Loss of appetite when taking Seroquel * :
|Loss of appetite||54.08%||45.92% |
Age of people who have Loss of appetite when taking Seroquel * :
|Loss of appetite||1.02%||0.07%||3.62%||7.30%||8.25%||44.82%||20.53%||14.39% |
Severity of Loss of appetite when taking Seroquel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of appetite||0.00%||28.57%||57.14%||14.29% |
How people recovered from Loss of appetite ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loss of appetite||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (615 people, 100.00%)
- Depression (575 people, 93.50%)
- Insomnia (364 people, 59.19%)
- Schizophrenia (331 people, 53.82%)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (290 people, 47.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Celexa (287 people, 46.67%)
- Aspirin (282 people, 45.85%)
- Lexapro (210 people, 34.15%)
- Trazodone hcl (187 people, 30.41%)
- Klonopin (181 people, 29.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of seroquel and loss of appetite on
Do you have Loss Of Appetite while taking Seroquel?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Seroquel and have Loss Of Appetite
- support group for people who take Seroquel
- support group for people who have Loss Of Appetite
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Quetiapine Fumarate, Klonopin, Divalproex for a 25-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 40-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Proair Hfa, Adderall Xr 30, Effexor Xr, Seroquel Xr for a 23-year old woman with Asthma, Adhd, Bipolar, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Mood Swings
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Remeron, Lexapro, Klonopin, Fluoxetine, Effexor Xr, Topamax, Risperdal, Restoril, Depakote, Adderall, Abilify, Zoloft, Xanax, Zyprexa, Geodon for a 44-year old woman with Depression, Migraine With Aura, Dpression, Sleep Disorder, Add, Depression - Chronic, Anxiety Disorder.
Recent Seroquel related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atomoxetine Hydrochloride, Seroquel for a 34-year old man who has ADHD
- Comparions of Seroquel, Baclofen for a 22-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
- Comparions of Seroquel, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.