Review: could Seroquel cause Loss of taste (Taste - impaired)?
Summary: Loss of taste is found among people who take Seroquel, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lunesta, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 76,310 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel from FDA and social media. Among them, 189 have Loss of taste. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of taste and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Seroquel and have Loss of taste >>>
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 79,169 Seroquel users)
Loss of taste
Loss of taste has been reported by people with insomnia, quit smoking, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression. (latest reports from 24,319 Loss of taste patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 76,299 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel. Among them, 189 people (0.25%) have Loss Of Taste.
Time on Seroquel when people have Loss of taste * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of taste||62.50%||12.50%||0.00%||3.12%||21.88%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Loss of taste when taking Seroquel * :
|Loss of taste||72.31%||27.69% |
Age of people who have Loss of taste when taking Seroquel * :
|Loss of taste||0.00%||0.00%||0.89%||2.67%||15.56%||31.11%||32.89%||16.89% |
Severity of Loss of taste when taking Seroquel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of taste||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loss of taste ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (53 people, 28.04%)
- Insomnia (42 people, 22.22%)
- Depression (36 people, 19.05%)
- Anxiety (35 people, 18.52%)
- Sleep disorder (33 people, 17.46%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lunesta (36 people, 19.05%)
- Klonopin (33 people, 17.46%)
- Xanax (32 people, 16.93%)
- Zyprexa (26 people, 13.76%)
- Chantix (22 people, 11.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Loss Of Taste while taking Seroquel?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Seroquel and have Loss Of Taste
- support group for people who take Seroquel
- support group for people who have Loss Of Taste
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Paracetamol, Butrans, Levoprome, Seroquel for a 24-year old woman with Pain - Back, Bipolar Mania.
- A study of side effects of Quetiapine Fumarate for a 20-year old woman with Miscarriage. The patient has Depression, Dark Circles Under Eyes, Yellow Skin, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Decreased Appetite, Headache, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Quetiapine Fumarate, Klonopin, Divalproex for a 25-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 40-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Weight Gain
Recent Seroquel related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atomoxetine Hydrochloride, Seroquel for a 34-year old man who has ADHD
- Comparions of Seroquel, Baclofen for a 22-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
- Comparions of Seroquel, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.