Home > Seroquel > Memory loss > Seroquel and Memory loss
Review: could Seroquel cause Memory loss?
We study 76,223 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,910 have Memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Memory loss and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Seroquel and have Memory loss >>>
Seroquel (latest outcomes from 79,071 users) has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Memory loss (latest reports from 467,146 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 76,223 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel. Among them, 1,910 people (2.51%) have Memory Loss.
Time on Seroquel when people have Memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Memory loss||17.77%||20.10%||3.82%||21.26%||26.08%||7.64%||3.32% |
Gender of people who have Memory loss when taking Seroquel * :
|Memory loss||67.55%||32.45% |
Age of people who have Memory loss when taking Seroquel * :
|Memory loss||0.00%||0.07%||1.35%||6.13%||7.35%||23.07%||41.71%||20.32% |
Severity of Memory loss when taking Seroquel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory loss||11.54%||48.08%||30.77%||9.62% |
How people recovered from Memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Memory loss||3.45%||3.45%||93.10% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (1,433 people, 75.03%)
- Bipolar disorder (1,281 people, 67.07%)
- Sleep disorder (1,248 people, 65.34%)
- Anxiety (1,076 people, 56.34%)
- Bipolar i disorder (504 people, 26.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel xr (642 people, 33.61%)
- Xanax (596 people, 31.20%)
- Lamictal (513 people, 26.86%)
- Klonopin (463 people, 24.24%)
- Ativan (423 people, 22.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Michelle (2 months ago):
I just want to tell you I'm very grateful for your share. Thank you.
Reply the comment
RedRobin (9 months ago):
In 1998, I was prescribed Seroquel for Major Depression. My dosage started at 200mg take 4 pills/capsules at bedtime. In 2003 the dosage was decreased to 200mg take 2 at bedtime. I gradually took myself off the medicine completely in 2010. My family and friends refer to 1998-2010 as my 12 year coma. I have minimal memories of those 12 years. I had to re-learn how to do routines activities. Such as, how to wash, dry and fold laundry, how the work the coffee maker, can opener, tea maker, toaster over, microwave over dish washer etc. I had to re-learn how to drive a car, do computer work, pay bills, finances, taxes even buying stamps and groceries. I was a financial analyst for over 10 years and had a 2 hr commute to and from work. I’m still a bit uneasy about driving on the highway, but I’m getting there. It’s now 2014 and I still don’t remember weddings, funerals, special events and 12 years of my life memories. Additionally, I was diagnosed with diabetes in 2010 my sugar level was over 750. I’m currently on three medications to try to control it. During those 12 years I was sean by 4 different psychiatrists. Not one doctor understood what was going on. PLEASE learn from my experience! YOU are in control of YOUR HEALTH. Don't rely on doctors ONLY. Ask questions and don't stop until you trust the answer. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Memory Loss while taking Seroquel?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Seroquel and have Memory Loss
- support group for people who take Seroquel
- support group for people who have Memory Loss
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Seroquel, Memory loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Bipolar patient extremely violent on seraquel
I have been diagnosed bipolar for over 10 years. 3 years ago I was taken off of topamax and my seraquel was upped to 300 mg from 100 because I was pregnant. I was very violent! Punching, breaking stuff, in jail, in the psych ward. Yes pregnancy and bipolar are not a perfect combination. I too thoug ...
- Seroquel and iron deficiency?
I've been taking Seroquel for about four year, I have been having symptoms similar to hypothyroidism, and just found out I have an iron deficiency. The doctor said my platelets are smaller than average, and it is possible that my grandmother is anemic. But in trying to study Seroquel I kept finding ...
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
More reviews for: Seroquel, Memory loss
On eHealthMe, Seroquel (quetiapine fumarate) is often used for bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions Seroquel is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Seroquel used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Thyroid, Neurontin, Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone, Seroquel Xr for a patient with Thyroid Disorder, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Depression Suicidal. The patient has Leg Pain, Back Pain - Low, Sweating Fever, Frequent Headaches, Short-term Memory Loss, Fatigue - Chronic, Muscle Stiffness, Premature Aging
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Climara, Gabapentin, Effexor Xr, Quetiapine Fumarate for a patient with COPD, Hot Flashes, Pain Management, Anxiety, Insomnia Concerns. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Quetiapine Fumarate, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Bi-sifrol, Carbidopa And Levodopa for a patient with Acid Reflux, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Major Depression, Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Difficulty In Walking, Weight Increased, Memory Impairment, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Muscle Rigidity, Gait Abnormalities
More related studies for: Seroquel, Memory loss
Recent Seroquel related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Seroquel, Memory loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (4 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (4 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (27 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (2 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (3 hours ago)
- Disodium Edathamil