Review: could Seroquel cause Narcotic abuse (Drug abuse)?
Summary: Narcotic abuse is found among people who take Seroquel, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Risperdal, and have Anxiety.
We study 76,243 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel from FDA and social media. Among them, 318 have Narcotic abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Narcotic abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Seroquel and have Narcotic abuse >>>
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Seroquel 79,098 users)
Narcotic abuse (addiction of narcotic (pain killer )) has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Narcotic abuse 10,555 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 76,232 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel. Among them, 318 people (0.42%) have Narcotic Abuse.
Time on Seroquel when people have Narcotic abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Narcotic abuse||13.43%||8.46%||3.98%||19.90%||30.35%||19.90%||3.98% |
Gender of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Seroquel * :
|Narcotic abuse||49.94%||50.06% |
Age of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Seroquel * :
|Narcotic abuse||0.14%||0.27%||6.17%||27.30%||22.22%||28.94%||11.25%||3.70% |
Severity of Narcotic abuse when taking Seroquel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Narcotic abuse ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (281 people, 88.36%)
- Bipolar disorder (272 people, 85.53%)
- Depression (245 people, 77.04%)
- Sleep disorder (240 people, 75.47%)
- Hallucination (98 people, 30.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Risperdal (281 people, 88.36%)
- Zyprexa (268 people, 84.28%)
- Depakote (216 people, 67.92%)
- Lexapro (211 people, 66.35%)
- Ativan (197 people, 61.95%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Narcotic Abuse while taking Seroquel?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Seroquel and have Narcotic Abuse
- support group for people who take Seroquel
- support group for people who have Narcotic Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What is the reaction to vivitrol and ritalin?
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Drug Addiction, and takes Seroquel, Vivitrol, Ritalin)
25 year old client in early recovery from opioid dependence takes ritalin and seroquel and wants to add vivitrol. What are the risks and side effects?
- Does anyone have experience of taking the supplement gaba with seroquel/quetiapine at night to aid sleep?. taking quetiapine 150 mg gives inconsistent sleep.
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Chronic Insomnia, and takes Seroquel)
With seroquel my sleep is inconsistent and if I have a bad night's sleep, I don't just feel tired, I feel breathless, headache, strange sensations, as if I haven't slept off side effects. It can make me feel relaxed when I take it but not sleepy.
- What are the drug interactions of seroquel and belviq
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who takes Belviq, Seroquel)
My doctor won't Belviq because he says there is a drug interaction. What is it he couldn't tell me.
- Is clozapine simular to suboxen
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has Heroin Abuse)
I am withdrawing from heroin and im out of suboxen will clozapine work simularly , will it help at all or hurt
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who takes Wellbutrin, Synthroid, Seroquel, Neurontin, Nexium, Losartan, Lamictal, Cardizem La)
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
More questions for: Seroquel, Narcotic abuse
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bipolar patient extremely violent on seraquel
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Bipolar, and takes Seroquel)
I have been diagnosed bipolar for over 10 years. 3 years ago I was taken off of topamax and my seraquel was upped to 300 mg from 100 because I was pregnant. I was very violent! Punching, breaking stuff, in jail, in the psych ward. Yes pregnancy and bipolar are not a perfect combination. I too thoug ...
- Seroquel and iron deficiency?
(Posted by a 24 year old woman who has Iron Deficiency Anaemia, and takes Seroquel)
I've been taking Seroquel for about four year, I have been having symptoms similar to hypothyroidism, and just found out I have an iron deficiency. The doctor said my platelets are smaller than average, and it is possible that my grandmother is anemic. But in trying to study Seroquel I kept finding ...
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar 2, and takes Mirtazapine, Implanon, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Cymbalta)
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Eczema, and takes Imitrex, Westcort, Kenalog, Garcinia Cambogia, Singulair, Ultracet, Baclofen, Percocet, Naproxen, Topamax, Lamotrigine, Seroquel, Microgestin Fe 1/20)
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cet ...
- Michael my son died as a result of kolopin & ambien (5 responses)
(Posted by a 23 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, and takes Risperdal, Xyrem, Lunesta, Seroquel, Ambien Cr, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Clonazepam)
My beautiful son to whom I depended upon took his Life by suicide on July 16, 2013. He had been struggling with a sleep disorder. It seemed to begin in his last year of high school 2010. Mike was very strong in mind and in body. He became a certified personal trainer. He encouraged everyone around h ...
More reviews for: Seroquel, Narcotic abuse
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Temazepam, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Morphine Sulfate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Fluoxetine, Topiramate, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Zonegran for a patient with Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control, Neuropathic Pain, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Vulvovaginal Dryness, Weight Loss, Hallucinations, Mixed, Paranoia, Memory Loss, Anxiety
Comments: I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a patient with Bipolar. The patient has Maple Syrup Urine Disease (inherited disorder of metabolism in which the urine has a odour characteristic of maple syrup)
Comments: I have sjogrens and possible mild SLE, hypothyroidism, and bipolar II. I have been off most of my meds for the past 6 mos. I have recently restarted seroquel to help me sleep. Today for the first time ever I noticed a strong maple syrupy smell to my urine. I never knew it was a thing, but looke ...
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Memory Impairment
Comments: Was on 350mg about 4 years ago. Truth is, I do not remember. I have severe short term memory AND long term memory problems. Is this permanent? I honestly couldn't tell you the date my mom and brother died, although it was July of 2000 & 2002. My dad was Christmas Eve 2001 -that's easy to remember. I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Femara, Neurontin, Synthroid, Seroquel, Topamax, Opana Er for a patient with Hot Flashes, Cancer - Breast, Neuropathy, Hypothyroidism Postoperative, Bipolar Disorder, Chronic Pain.
Comments: Please tell me if any of these drugs cause problems with opana that I have just been put on by a new dr instead of the ms contin the oncologist had me pn for the past 8 years but the new pain management is scared that is too addicting even though I have been on it that long with no problems. Thank y ...
- A study of drug interactions between Marijuana, Levothyroxine Sodium, Seroquel for a patient with Back Injury, Hypothyroidism, Mania. The patient has Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome
Comments: Extreme sensitivity to smells days prior to an attack of Cyclic vomiting.
Eating processed foods will set off an attack of cyclic vomiting.
Had no cyclic vomiting for 7 years and it has now returned a few months ago.
More related studies for: Seroquel, Narcotic abuse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.