Review: could Seroquel cause Pernicious anaemia?
Summary: Pernicious anaemia is found among people who take Seroquel, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Clonazepam, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 76,310 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Pernicious anaemia. Find out below who they are, when they have Pernicious anaemia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Seroquel and have Pernicious anaemia >>>
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 79,166 Seroquel users)
Pernicious anaemia (anaemia due to lack of vitamin b12) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, hypothyroidism, osteopenia, high blood cholesterol, depression. (latest reports from 717 Pernicious anaemia patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 76,299 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel. Among them, 10 people (0.01%) have Pernicious Anaemia.
Time on Seroquel when people have Pernicious anaemia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Pernicious anaemia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Pernicious anaemia when taking Seroquel * :
|Pernicious anaemia||94.12%||5.88% |
Age of people who have Pernicious anaemia when taking Seroquel * :
|Pernicious anaemia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.88%||29.41%||64.71%||0.00% |
Severity of Pernicious anaemia when taking Seroquel ** :
How people recovered from Pernicious anaemia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (10 people, 100.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (10 people, 100.00%)
- Depression (7 people, 70.00%)
- Arthritis (4 people, 40.00%)
- Somnolence (4 people, 40.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (7 people, 70.00%)
- Prevacid (6 people, 60.00%)
- Trileptal (6 people, 60.00%)
- Singulair (6 people, 60.00%)
- Mirapex (6 people, 60.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pernicious Anaemia while taking Seroquel?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Seroquel and have Pernicious Anaemia
- support group for people who take Seroquel
- support group for people who have Pernicious Anaemia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Fluticasone Propionate, Soma, Simvastatin, Zetia, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Ultram, Lamictal, Quetiapine Fumarate for a 48-year old woman with COPD, Allergy, Fibromyalgia, Total Cholesterol, Low Thyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bipolar. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Back Stiffness, Pain - Knee, Shortness Of Breath, Burning Across The Kneecap
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 35-year old man with Schizophrenia. The patient has Tremor
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 42-year old woman with Bipolar 1. The patient has Seroma
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Escitalopram for a 55-year old woman with Anxiety, Sleepy, Depression. The patient has Diarhea, Small Weight Gain,muscle Weekness
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Seroquel for a 32-year old man with Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Anger
Recent Seroquel related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Seroquel, Baclofen for a 22-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
- Comparions of Seroquel, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Marijuana for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.