Review: could Seroquel cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Renal failure is found among people who take Seroquel, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Risperdal, and have Depression.
We study 76,299 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel from FDA and social media. Among them, 670 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Seroquel and have Renal failure >>>
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 79,156 Seroquel users)
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, multiple myeloma, diabetes, pain. (latest reports from 72,154 Renal failure patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 76,299 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel. Among them, 670 people (0.88%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Seroquel when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||11.76%||11.46%||1.86%||10.22%||26.93%||26.01%||11.76% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Seroquel * :
|Renal failure||54.43%||45.57% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Seroquel * :
|Renal failure||1.22%||0.00%||2.52%||2.84%||14.20%||30.52%||21.02%||27.68% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Seroquel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Renal failure||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Renal failure||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (498 people, 74.33%)
- Bipolar disorder (370 people, 55.22%)
- Anxiety (296 people, 44.18%)
- Sleep disorder (262 people, 39.10%)
- Schizophrenia (156 people, 23.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Risperdal (355 people, 52.99%)
- Haldol (322 people, 48.06%)
- Ambien (267 people, 39.85%)
- Depakote (262 people, 39.10%)
- Lexapro (247 people, 36.87%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of seroquel and renal failure on
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Seroquel?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Seroquel and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Seroquel
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 54-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Throat Irritation
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Quetiapine Fumarate for a 39-year old woman with Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Seroquel for a 52-year old woman with Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome, Sleep Walking
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin, Ativan, Seroquel, Lamictal, Trileptal for a 65-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Vertigo, Vomiting, Nausea, Ataxia, Double Vision
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Lipidil, Simvastatin, Metformin, Valproate Sodium, Seroquel for a 59-year old man with Low Thyroid, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes, Bipolar Mania. The patient has Sleep Apnea, Anaemia, Red Blood Cell Count, Neutrophil Count Decreased
Recent Seroquel related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Marijuana for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
- Comparions of Lyrica, Seroquel, Paxil, Cymbalta for a 30-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 22-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.