Review: could Seroquel cause Rheumatoid arthritis?
Summary: Rheumatoid arthritis is found among people who take Seroquel, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prozac, and have Sleep disorder.
We study 76,310 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel from FDA and social media. Among them, 107 have Rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Rheumatoid arthritis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Seroquel and have Rheumatoid arthritis >>>
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 79,169 Seroquel users)
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol, osteopenia. (latest reports from 218,694 Rheumatoid arthritis patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 76,299 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel. Among them, 107 people (0.14%) have Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Time on Seroquel when people have Rheumatoid arthritis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rheumatoid arthritis||71.81%||0.67%||6.04%||8.05%||5.37%||7.38%||0.67% |
Gender of people who have Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Seroquel * :
|Rheumatoid arthritis||87.13%||12.87% |
Age of people who have Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Seroquel * :
|Rheumatoid arthritis||0.41%||0.00%||0.00%||2.24%||6.92%||26.48%||61.91%||2.04% |
Severity of Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Seroquel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Rheumatoid arthritis||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Rheumatoid arthritis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Rheumatoid arthritis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sleep disorder (107 people, 100.00%)
- Depression (107 people, 100.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (107 people, 100.00%)
- Bronchitis (104 people, 97.20%)
- Anxiety (74 people, 69.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prozac (107 people, 100.00%)
- Trazodone hcl (107 people, 100.00%)
- Lexapro (107 people, 100.00%)
- Celexa (107 people, 100.00%)
- Propranolol (107 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of seroquel and rheumatoid arthritis on
Do you have Rheumatoid Arthritis while taking Seroquel?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Seroquel and have Rheumatoid Arthritis
- support group for people who take Seroquel
- support group for people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Quetiapine Fumarate for a 20-year old woman with Miscarriage. The patient has Depression, Dark Circles Under Eyes, Yellow Skin, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Decreased Appetite, Headache, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Quetiapine Fumarate, Klonopin, Divalproex for a 25-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 40-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Proair Hfa, Adderall Xr 30, Effexor Xr, Seroquel Xr for a 23-year old woman with Asthma, Adhd, Bipolar, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Mood Swings
Recent Seroquel related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atomoxetine Hydrochloride, Seroquel for a 34-year old man who has ADHD
- Comparions of Seroquel, Baclofen for a 22-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
- Comparions of Seroquel, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.