Home > Seroquel > Serotonin syndrome > Seroquel and Serotonin syndrome
Review: could Seroquel cause Serotonin syndrome?
We study 76,223 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel from FDA and social media. Among them, 172 have Serotonin syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Serotonin syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Seroquel and have Serotonin syndrome >>>
Seroquel (latest outcomes from 79,071 users) has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Serotonin syndrome (occurs when two drugs that affect the body's level of serotonin are taken together at the same time) (latest reports from 34,546 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, major depression, bipolar disorder.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 76,223 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel. Among them, 172 people (0.23%) have Serotonin Syndrome.
Time on Seroquel when people have Serotonin syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Serotonin syndrome||59.57%||19.15%||10.64%||2.13%||8.51%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Serotonin syndrome when taking Seroquel * :
|Serotonin syndrome||70.23%||29.77% |
Age of people who have Serotonin syndrome when taking Seroquel * :
|Serotonin syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||3.72%||10.11%||12.77%||32.45%||25.53%||15.43% |
Severity of Serotonin syndrome when taking Seroquel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Serotonin syndrome||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Serotonin syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (85 people, 49.42%)
- Insomnia (33 people, 19.19%)
- Anxiety (31 people, 18.02%)
- Psychotic disorder (24 people, 13.95%)
- Major depression (24 people, 13.95%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zoloft (49 people, 28.49%)
- Lithium carbonate (39 people, 22.67%)
- Cymbalta (31 people, 18.02%)
- Effexor (29 people, 16.86%)
- Paxil (28 people, 16.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Serotonin Syndrome while taking Seroquel?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Seroquel and have Serotonin Syndrome
- support group for people who take Seroquel
- support group for people who have Serotonin Syndrome
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 years ago):
experiencing change in mental status, diarrhea, agitation, excessive sweating, overactive reflexes, tremor. Is it safe to just stop these medications abruptly until able to see a Dr?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Seroquel, Serotonin syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Bipolar patient extremely violent on seraquel
I have been diagnosed bipolar for over 10 years. 3 years ago I was taken off of topamax and my seraquel was upped to 300 mg from 100 because I was pregnant. I was very violent! Punching, breaking stuff, in jail, in the psych ward. Yes pregnancy and bipolar are not a perfect combination. I too thoug ...
- Seroquel and iron deficiency?
I've been taking Seroquel for about four year, I have been having symptoms similar to hypothyroidism, and just found out I have an iron deficiency. The doctor said my platelets are smaller than average, and it is possible that my grandmother is anemic. But in trying to study Seroquel I kept finding ...
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
More reviews for: Seroquel, Serotonin syndrome
On eHealthMe, Seroquel (quetiapine fumarate) is often used for bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions Seroquel is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Seroquel used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (16 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (58 minutes ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
- Mirena and Coagulopathy
- Slapped Cheek
- Abdominal Pain and Premarin
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (4 hours ago)
- Allegra Sanofi Aventis Us 60mg
- Renal Failure
- Dreams Bad
- Allegra (sanofi Aventis Us) 60mg