Home > Seroquel > Suicidal thoughts > Seroquel and Suicidal thoughts
Review: could Seroquel cause Suicidal thoughts (Suicidal Ideation)?
We study 76,223 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,323 have Suicidal thoughts. Find out below who they are, when they have Suicidal thoughts and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Seroquel and have Suicidal thoughts >>>
Seroquel (latest outcomes from 79,071 users) has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Suicidal thoughts (latest reports from 270,790 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety, pain, acne.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 76,223 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel. Among them, 2,323 people (3.05%) have Suicidal Thoughts.
Time on Seroquel when people have Suicidal thoughts * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Suicidal thoughts||15.09%||17.33%||10.95%||10.52%||28.02%||15.95%||2.16% |
Gender of people who have Suicidal thoughts when taking Seroquel * :
|Suicidal thoughts||57.09%||42.91% |
Age of people who have Suicidal thoughts when taking Seroquel * :
|Suicidal thoughts||0.58%||0.33%||4.82%||11.04%||16.03%||30.94%||27.08%||9.18% |
Severity of Suicidal thoughts when taking Seroquel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Suicidal thoughts||12.50%||50.00%||37.50%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Suicidal thoughts ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Suicidal thoughts||16.67%||33.33%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (2,323 people, 100.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (2,323 people, 100.00%)
- Anxiety (1,611 people, 69.35%)
- Insomnia (963 people, 41.46%)
- Schizophrenia (929 people, 39.99%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Risperdal (1,283 people, 55.23%)
- Zyprexa (1,106 people, 47.61%)
- Ativan (1,008 people, 43.39%)
- Lexapro (981 people, 42.23%)
- Zoloft (880 people, 37.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Suicidal Thoughts while taking Seroquel?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Seroquel and have Suicidal Thoughts
- support group for people who take Seroquel
- support group for people who have Suicidal Thoughts
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Seroquel, Suicidal thoughts
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bipolar patient extremely violent on seraquel
I have been diagnosed bipolar for over 10 years. 3 years ago I was taken off of topamax and my seraquel was upped to 300 mg from 100 because I was pregnant. I was very violent! Punching, breaking stuff, in jail, in the psych ward. Yes pregnancy and bipolar are not a perfect combination. I too thoug ...
- Seroquel and iron deficiency?
I've been taking Seroquel for about four year, I have been having symptoms similar to hypothyroidism, and just found out I have an iron deficiency. The doctor said my platelets are smaller than average, and it is possible that my grandmother is anemic. But in trying to study Seroquel I kept finding ...
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
More reviews for: Seroquel, Suicidal thoughts
On eHealthMe, Seroquel (quetiapine fumarate) is often used for bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions Seroquel is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Seroquel used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
More related studies for: Seroquel, Suicidal thoughts
Recent Seroquel related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Seroquel, Suicidal thoughts
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (57 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (59 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Asthma and Lewy Body Dementia
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (5 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (5 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (5 hours ago)
- Stomach Ulcer
- Rhinovirus Infection
- Essential Tremor
- Wallenberg Syndrome