Review: could Seroquel cause Tinnitus?
Summary: Tinnitus is found among people who take Seroquel, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Clonazepam, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 76,299 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel from FDA and social media. Among them, 207 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Seroquel and have Tinnitus >>>
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 79,156 Seroquel users)
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,240 Tinnitus patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 76,299 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel. Among them, 207 people (0.27%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Seroquel when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Seroquel * :
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Seroquel * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Seroquel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (97 people, 46.86%)
- Depression (79 people, 38.16%)
- Sleep disorder (45 people, 21.74%)
- Schizophrenia (39 people, 18.84%)
- Anxiety (35 people, 16.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (106 people, 51.21%)
- Paxil (102 people, 49.28%)
- Trazodone hcl (86 people, 41.55%)
- Meclizine (85 people, 41.06%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (84 people, 40.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of seroquel and tinnitus on
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Seroquel?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Seroquel and have Tinnitus
- support group for people who take Seroquel
- support group for people who have Tinnitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Seroquel related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Marijuana for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
- Comparions of Lyrica, Seroquel, Paxil, Cymbalta for a 30-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Gabapentin, Seroquel for a 22-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.