Review: could Seroquel cause Traumatic brain injury?
Summary: Traumatic brain injury is found among people who take Seroquel, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Zyprexa, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 76,310 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel from FDA and social media. Among them, 32 have Traumatic brain injury. Find out below who they are, when they have Traumatic brain injury and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Seroquel and have Traumatic brain injury >>>
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 79,169 Seroquel users)
Traumatic brain injury
Traumatic brain injury (brain injury due to trauma) has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 817 Traumatic brain injury patients)
On Apr, 4, 2015: 76,299 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel. Among them, 32 people (0.04%) have Traumatic Brain Injury.
Time on Seroquel when people have Traumatic brain injury * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Traumatic brain injury||31.58%||0.00%||5.26%||15.79%||5.26%||42.11%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Traumatic brain injury when taking Seroquel * :
|Traumatic brain injury||16.67%||83.33% |
Age of people who have Traumatic brain injury when taking Seroquel * :
|Traumatic brain injury||0.00%||0.00%||0.98%||0.00%||23.53%||58.82%||9.80%||6.86% |
Severity of Traumatic brain injury when taking Seroquel ** :
How people recovered from Traumatic brain injury ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (32 people, 100.00%)
- Panic attack (32 people, 100.00%)
- Diabetes mellitus (32 people, 100.00%)
- Psychotic disorder (32 people, 100.00%)
- Schizoaffective disorder (32 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zyprexa (32 people, 100.00%)
- Geodon (32 people, 100.00%)
- Abilify (32 people, 100.00%)
- Glucophage (32 people, 100.00%)
- Synthroid (32 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Paige (3 years ago):
No, I have no way to go off Seroquel, which has caused diabetes, because I get extremely serious sysmtpoms of shizophrenia I never had before, even when going off slowly. I believe that I have traumatic brain injury from Seroquel: As a result, I have to take about 100 mg per day so I don't go into shock.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of seroquel and traumatic brain injury on
Do you have Traumatic Brain Injury while taking Seroquel?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Seroquel and have Traumatic Brain Injury
- support group for people who take Seroquel
- support group for people who have Traumatic Brain Injury
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Quetiapine Fumarate for a 20-year old woman with Miscarriage. The patient has Depression, Dark Circles Under Eyes, Yellow Skin, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Decreased Appetite, Headache, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Quetiapine Fumarate, Klonopin, Divalproex for a 25-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 40-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Proair Hfa, Adderall Xr 30, Effexor Xr, Seroquel Xr for a 23-year old woman with Asthma, Adhd, Bipolar, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Mood Swings
Recent Seroquel related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atomoxetine Hydrochloride, Seroquel for a 34-year old man who has ADHD
- Comparions of Seroquel, Baclofen for a 22-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
- Comparions of Seroquel, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.