Review: could Seroquel cause Violence-related symptom?
Summary: Violence-related symptom is found among people who take Seroquel, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Seroquel xr, and have Bipolar disorder.
We study 76,310 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel from FDA and social media. Among them, 51 have Violence-related symptom. Find out below who they are, when they have Violence-related symptom and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Seroquel and have Violence-related symptom >>>
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 79,169 Seroquel users)
Violence-related symptom has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, stress and anxiety, bipolar disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest reports from 948 Violence-related symptom patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 76,299 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel. Among them, 51 people (0.07%) have Violence-related Symptom.
Time on Seroquel when people have Violence-related symptom * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Violence-related symptom||11.11%||11.11%||0.00%||11.11%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Violence-related symptom when taking Seroquel * :
|Violence-related symptom||51.55%||48.45% |
Age of people who have Violence-related symptom when taking Seroquel * :
|Violence-related symptom||0.00%||0.00%||19.77%||8.14%||2.33%||26.74%||43.02%||0.00% |
Severity of Violence-related symptom when taking Seroquel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Violence-related symptom||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Violence-related symptom ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Violence-related symptom||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder (51 people, 100.00%)
- Hypertension (24 people, 47.06%)
- Sleep disorder (22 people, 43.14%)
- Anxiety (17 people, 33.33%)
- Depression (17 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel xr (28 people, 54.90%)
- Klonopin (24 people, 47.06%)
- Nexium (18 people, 35.29%)
- Neurontin (17 people, 33.33%)
- Gabapentin (16 people, 31.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of seroquel and violence-related symptom on
Do you have Violence-related Symptom while taking Seroquel?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Seroquel and have Violence-related Symptom
- support group for people who take Seroquel
- support group for people who have Violence-related Symptom
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Gabapentin, Robaxin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Topamax, Cymbalta, Xanax for a 28-year old woman with Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Sciatica, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Insomnia, Borderline Personality Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has Nightmares
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 45-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Stomach Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Paracetamol, Butrans, Levoprome, Seroquel for a 24-year old woman with Pain - Back, Bipolar Mania.
- A study of side effects of Quetiapine Fumarate for a 20-year old woman with Miscarriage. The patient has Depression, Dark Circles Under Eyes, Yellow Skin, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Decreased Appetite, Headache, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Quetiapine Fumarate, Klonopin, Divalproex for a 25-year old woman with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Abdominal Pain
Recent Seroquel related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Quetiapine Fumarate, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 51-year old man who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Seroquel, Alprazolam for a 46-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Atomoxetine Hydrochloride, Seroquel for a 34-year old man who has ADHD
- Comparions of Seroquel, Baclofen for a 22-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.