Review: could Seroquel cause Weight loss?
Summary: Weight loss is found among people who take Seroquel, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Risperdal, and have Depression.
We study 76,299 people who have side effects while taking Seroquel from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,842 have Weight loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Seroquel and have Weight loss >>>
Seroquel has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from 79,156 Seroquel users)
Weight loss has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 20,305 Weight loss patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 76,299 people reported to have side effects when taking Seroquel. Among them, 1,842 people (2.41%) have Weight Loss.
Time on Seroquel when people have Weight loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight loss||4.92%||7.52%||6.73%||15.53%||37.34%||25.42%||2.53% |
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Seroquel * :
|Weight loss||67.81%||32.19% |
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Seroquel * :
|Weight loss||0.33%||0.52%||3.12%||7.10%||25.42%||38.84%||22.03%||2.64% |
Severity of Weight loss when taking Seroquel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight loss||16.67%||50.00%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (1,842 people, 100.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (1,842 people, 100.00%)
- Anxiety (1,842 people, 100.00%)
- Sleep disorder (1,741 people, 94.52%)
- Schizophrenia (1,735 people, 94.19%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Risperdal (1,842 people, 100.00%)
- Abilify (1,842 people, 100.00%)
- Zyprexa (1,842 people, 100.00%)
- Geodon (1,842 people, 100.00%)
- Zoloft (1,543 people, 83.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of seroquel and weight loss on
Do you have Weight Loss while taking Seroquel?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Seroquel and have Weight Loss
- support group for people who take Seroquel
- support group for people who have Weight Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Fluticasone Propionate, Soma, Simvastatin, Zetia, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Ultram, Lamictal, Quetiapine Fumarate for a 48-year old woman with COPD, Allergy, Fibromyalgia, Total Cholesterol, Low Thyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bipolar. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Back Stiffness, Pain - Knee, Shortness Of Breath, Burning Across The Kneecap
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 35-year old man with Schizophrenia. The patient has Tremor
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a 9-year old girl with ADHD. The patient has Weight Loss
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 42-year old woman with Bipolar 1. The patient has Seroma
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Escitalopram for a 55-year old woman with Anxiety, Sleepy, Depression. The patient has Diarhea, Small Weight Gain,muscle Weekness
Recent Seroquel related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Quetiapine Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 28-year old man who has George
- Comparions of Seroquel, Ziprasidone Hydrochloride for a 29-year old man who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Remeron for a 65-year old man who has Major Depression
- Comparions of Seroquel Xr, Marijuana for a 39-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Temazepam, Diazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman who has Anxiety Depression M.e.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.