Review: could Sertraline hydrochloride cause Periodontal disease?
Summary: Periodontal disease is found among people who take Sertraline hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Prednisone, and have Depression.
We study 10,745 people who have side effects while taking Sertraline hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 11 have Periodontal disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Periodontal disease and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Sertraline hydrochloride and have Periodontal disease >>>
Sertraline hydrochloride has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 11,794 Sertraline hydrochloride users)
Periodontal disease (disease that attacks the gum and bone and around the teeth) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, metastases to bone, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 2,421 Periodontal disease patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 10,745 people reported to have side effects when taking Sertraline hydrochloride. Among them, 11 people (0.10%) have Periodontal Disease.
Time on Sertraline hydrochloride when people have Periodontal disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Periodontal disease||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Periodontal disease when taking Sertraline hydrochloride * :
|Periodontal disease||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||0.00%||9.09%||81.82% |
Severity of Periodontal disease when taking Sertraline hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Periodontal disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (7 people, 63.64%)
- Pain (7 people, 63.64%)
- Emphysema (6 people, 54.55%)
- Pain management (6 people, 54.55%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 54.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (7 people, 63.64%)
- Teveten (6 people, 54.55%)
- Epogen (6 people, 54.55%)
- Lopressor (6 people, 54.55%)
- Questran (6 people, 54.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of sertraline hydrochloride and periodontal disease on
Do you have Periodontal Disease while taking Sertraline Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Sertraline hydrochloride and have Periodontal Disease
- support group for people who take Sertraline hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Periodontal Disease
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Zoloft for a 58-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Chronic Depression. The patient has Depressed Mood
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Motrin Ib, Vitamins, Crestor for a 67-year old woman with Heart Attack, Arthritis, General Physical Condition, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Periodontal Disease, Periodontal Disease
- A study of drug interactions between St. John's Wort, Vitamin C, Biotin, Zyrtec, Garlic, Multivitamin, L-Lysine, Indian Tumeric, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Sertraline, Relpax, Butalbital, Acetaminophen And Caffeine, Baclofen, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with Dysthymic Disorder, Acne Cystic, Rhinitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Pain - Leg, Migraine, Belching.
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 65-year old woman with Panic Attack, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss, Abdominal Bloating, Ureteral Spasm, Pelvic Discomfort
- A study of drug interactions between Spiriva, Zoloft, Pravastatin Sodium, Plavix for a 51-year old woman with COPD, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, Stroke/periphial Artery Disease.
Recent Sertraline hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.