Review: could Sertraline cause Dreams - bad (Nightmares)?
Summary: Dreams - bad is found among people who take Sertraline, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Sertraline hydrochloride, and have Depression.
We study 24,665 people who have side effects while taking Sertraline from FDA and social media. Among them, 146 have Dreams - bad. Find out below who they are, when they have Dreams - bad and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Sertraline and have Dreams - bad >>>
Sertraline has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 26,530 Sertraline users)
Dreams - bad
Dreams - bad (unpleasant dreams) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, stress and anxiety, pain, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 14,358 Dreams - bad patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 24,665 people reported to have side effects when taking Sertraline. Among them, 146 people (0.59%) have Dreams - Bad.
Time on Sertraline when people have Dreams - bad * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dreams - bad||55.56%||18.52%||7.41%||3.70%||7.41%||7.41%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Dreams - bad when taking Sertraline * :
|Dreams - bad||0.00%||0.00%||16.15%||2.31%||10.77%||23.08%||36.15%||11.54% |
Severity of Dreams - bad when taking Sertraline ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dreams - bad||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dreams - bad ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dreams - bad||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (34 people, 23.29%)
- Anxiety (25 people, 17.12%)
- Pain (18 people, 12.33%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (16 people, 10.96%)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (10 people, 6.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Sertraline hydrochloride (72 people, 49.32%)
- Sertraline hcl (26 people, 17.81%)
- Citalopram hydrobromide (19 people, 13.01%)
- Alprazolam (15 people, 10.27%)
- Diazepam (14 people, 9.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of sertraline and dreams - bad on
Do you have Dreams - Bad while taking Sertraline?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Sertraline and have Dreams - Bad
- support group for people who take Sertraline
- support group for people who have Dreams - Bad
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Hydroxyzine, Prednisone, Ortho Cyclen-28, Suboxone, Zoloft for a 34-year old woman with Otitis Media Chronic, Anxiety, Pregnancy, Addiction, Depression. The patient has Panic Attacks, Confusion Aggravated, Unhappy, Body Tinea
- A study of side effects of Sertraline for a 61-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Numbness And Tingling
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 63-year old woman with Anxiety And Stress. The patient has Pelvic And Lower Back Pain From Fall Resulting In 5 Pelvic Fractures
- A study of side effects of Fiorinal for a 42-year old man with Hemicrania Continua. The patient has Bad Dreams
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Zoloft for a 58-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Chronic Depression. The patient has Depressed Mood
Recent Sertraline related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zoloft, Pristiq for a 34-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Eliquis, Lipitor, Zoloft for a 56-year old woman who has Blood Pressure Fluctuation
- Comparions of Celexa, Effexor, Prozac, Zoloft for a 37-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Lexapro, Zoloft for a 34-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Marijuana for a 50-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.