Review: could Sertraline cause Tinnitus?
Summary: Tinnitus is found among people who take Sertraline, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Sertraline hydrochloride, and have Depression.
We study 24,665 people who have side effects while taking Sertraline from FDA and social media. Among them, 126 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Sertraline and have Tinnitus >>>
Sertraline has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 26,530 Sertraline users)
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,273 Tinnitus patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 24,658 people reported to have side effects when taking Sertraline. Among them, 128 people (0.52%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Sertraline when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Sertraline * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Sertraline ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (50 people, 39.06%)
- Anxiety (18 people, 14.06%)
- Asperger's disorder (8 people, 6.25%)
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 5.47%)
- Hypothyroidism (6 people, 4.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Sertraline hydrochloride (54 people, 42.19%)
- Sertraline hcl (42 people, 32.81%)
- Omeprazole (13 people, 10.16%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (13 people, 10.16%)
- Furosemide (12 people, 9.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of sertraline and tinnitus on
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Sertraline?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Sertraline and have Tinnitus
- support group for people who take Sertraline
- support group for people who have Tinnitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zyrtec, Prevacid, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Zoloft, Flonase, Provera, Hydrochlorothiazide, Zithromax for a 44-year old woman with Allergies, Ulcer - Stomach, Immune System Disorder, Vitamin D Deficiency, Anxiety Disorder, Multiple Allergies, No Periods, High Blood Pressure, Acute Bronchitis. The patient has Tongue Coated
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Baclofen, Zoloft for a 37-year old woman with Herniated Nucleus Pulposus (slipped Disk), Muscle Spasms, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Adderall Xr 25 for a 17-year old girl with Depression - Adolescents, Add. The patient has Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Flovent, Clonidine, Lisinopril, Metoprolol Succinate, Zoloft, Seroquel, Clonazepam, Geodon for a 46-year old man with Asthma, Hypertension, Depression, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Schizoaffective Disorder.
- A study of side effects of Sertraline for a 32-year old man with Exercise And Stress Reduction. The patient has Gynecomastia, Weight Gain
Recent Sertraline related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Sertraline for a 35-year old woman who has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- Comparions of Zoloft, Pristiq for a 34-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Eliquis, Lipitor, Zoloft for a 56-year old woman who has Blood Pressure Fluctuation
- Comparions of Celexa, Effexor, Prozac, Zoloft for a 37-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Lexapro, Zoloft for a 34-year old woman who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.