Review: could Sertraline cause Tinnitus?
Summary: Tinnitus is found among people who take Sertraline, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Sertraline hydrochloride, and have Depression.
We study 24,658 people who have side effects while taking Sertraline from FDA and social media. Among them, 126 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Sertraline and have Tinnitus >>>
Sertraline has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 26,513 Sertraline users)
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,240 Tinnitus patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 24,641 people reported to have side effects when taking Sertraline. Among them, 128 people (0.52%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Sertraline when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Sertraline * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Sertraline ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (50 people, 39.06%)
- Anxiety (18 people, 14.06%)
- Asperger's disorder (8 people, 6.25%)
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 5.47%)
- Hypothyroidism (6 people, 4.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Sertraline hydrochloride (54 people, 42.19%)
- Sertraline hcl (42 people, 32.81%)
- Omeprazole (13 people, 10.16%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (13 people, 10.16%)
- Furosemide (12 people, 9.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of sertraline and tinnitus on
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Sertraline?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Sertraline and have Tinnitus
- support group for people who take Sertraline
- support group for people who have Tinnitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Crestor, Synthroid, Ranitidine, Singulair, Zoloft, Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate, Victoza, Metformin for a 65-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Thyroid Disorder, Acid Reflux, Asthma, Anxiety Disorder, Gerd, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Stomach Pain, Gerd, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Zoloft for a 25-year old woman with ADD, Depression Suicidal. The patient has Insomnia, Hyperglycaemia, Dry Mouth, Memory Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Vyvanse for a 41-year old woman with Depression, Binge Eating. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 20-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Non-cardiac Chest Pain (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus), Food Intolerance (inability to have food), Rapid Heart Beat
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Anastrozole, Zoloft for a 66-year old woman with Heartburn - Chronic, Breast Cancer In Situ, Depression. The patient has Nausea
Recent Sertraline related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Zoloft, Celexa, Wellbutrin, Prozac for a 41-year old man who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Focalin Xr, Zoloft, Intuniv for a 11-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Zoloft, Lamictal for a 37-year old woman who has Bipolar Disorder
- Comparions of Sertraline, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Prozac, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 69-year old man who has Depression, Anxiety, Panic Disorders
- Comparions of Atarax, Zoloft for a 41-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.