Simethicone and Cardiac arrest - from FDA reports
Cardiac arrest is found among people who take Simethicone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Ativan, and have Acute lymphocytic leukemia (all). This review analyzes which people have Cardiac arrest with Simethicone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,769 people who have side effects when taking Simethicone from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
1,769 people reported to have side effects when taking Simethicone.
Among them, 19 people (1.07%) have Cardiac arrest
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Cardiac arrest when taking Simethicone *:
- female: 73.68 %
- male: 26.32 %
Age of people who have Cardiac arrest when taking Simethicone *:
- 0-1: 5.26 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 15.79 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5.26 %
- 40-49: 26.32 %
- 50-59: 5.26 %
- 60+: 42.11 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (all) (3 people, 15.79%)
- Preventive Health Care (1 person, 5.26%)
- Metastatic Gastric Cancer (1 person, 5.26%)
- High Blood Pressure (1 person, 5.26%)
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (1 person, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ativan (7 people, 36.84%)
- Haldol (6 people, 31.58%)
- Enbrel (5 people, 26.32%)
- Acetaminophen (5 people, 26.32%)
- Prednisone (4 people, 21.05%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypotension (6 people, 31.58%)
- Mesenteric Occlusion (5 people, 26.32%)
- Intestinal Ischaemia (4 people, 21.05%)
- Intestinal Infarction (4 people, 21.05%)
- Fever (4 people, 21.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Cardiac arrest when taking Simethicone?
- Check symptoms - is cardiac arrest caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsCardiac arrest and drugs with ingredients of simethicone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCardiac arrest and Simethicone from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Simethicone has active ingredients of simethicone. It is often used in gas. (latest outcomes from Simethicone 2,012 users)
Cardiac arrest has been reported by people with diabetes, high blood pressure, pain, atrial fibrillation/flutter, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 65,997 Cardiac arrest patients).
Browse all side effects of Simethiconea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Cardiac arrestCardiac arrest
Could your condition cause Cardiac arrestCardiac arrest
What would happen?
Questions to the study
hi my name is Diane, my husband had a mild heart attack ,he was in the hospital for 4 days. When he left his EF was 60. For six weeks he was improving more every day. After dr app. He got a script for cardiac rehab. His heart rate went up to 140 while on the tread mill. They stopped his rehab ...
User reviews to the study
Would appreciate sharing experience others have had with the drug simethicone regarding foot and lower leg swelling. Never had any swelling until a few days after starting to use Mylicon which was recommended by my gastroenterologist.
On 6-27-2015 a had full blown cardiac arrest at 7:15am.I was admitted to Loma Linda University hospital E.R with pneumonia and was administered 750 mil. of Levaquin through IV.I was in Atrial Fibrillation at the time with a HR. of close to 2oo bpm.I was clinically dead for 45 minutes.