Review: could Simvastatin cause Anal fissure?
Summary: Anal fissure is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Carvedilol, and have Renal failure chronic.
We study 77,553 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 106 have Anal fissure. Find out below who they are, when they have Anal fissure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Anal fissure >>>
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 80,894 Simvastatin users)
Anal fissure has been reported by people with acne, crohn's disease, pain, high blood pressure, acne cystic. (latest reports from 1,994 Anal fissure patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 77,532 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 106 people (0.14%) have Anal Fissure.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Anal fissure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Anal fissure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Anal fissure when taking Simvastatin * :
|Anal fissure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.97%||1.94%||97.09% |
Severity of Anal fissure when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Anal fissure||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Anal fissure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Renal failure chronic (98 people, 92.45%)
- Healthy living (1 people, 0.94%)
- Blood thinner (1 people, 0.94%)
- Cholesterol (1 people, 0.94%)
- High blood pressure (1 people, 0.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Carvedilol (99 people, 93.40%)
- Digoxin (99 people, 93.40%)
- Insulin (98 people, 92.45%)
- Wobenzyme (98 people, 92.45%)
- Protaphane mc (98 people, 92.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anal Fissure while taking Simvastatin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Anal Fissure
- support group for people who take Simvastatin
- support group for people who have Anal Fissure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Namenda, Ginkgo Biloba, Niacin And Niacinamide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Patanol for a 76-year old woman with Nail Disorder, Alzheimer's Disease, Dementia, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, Allergy. The patient has Fatigue, Rash Generalised
- A study of drug interactions between Candesartan Cilexetil And Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Metformin, Simvastatin for a 68-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Urinary Incontinence, Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal
- A study of drug interactions between Zorvolex, Simvastatin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 61-year old woman with Pain - Bones, High Blood Cholesterol, Autoimmune Disorder, Tachycardia. The patient has Muscle Pain, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Joint Pain, Joint Stiffness, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Valtrex, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Lortab, Dexilant, Valium, Wellbutrin, Prozac, Simvastatin, Advair Diskus 100/50 for a 52-year old woman with Shingles, Emphysema, Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Anxiety And Stress, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Depression, Cholesterosis. The patient has Anemia
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Cinnamon, Simvastatin, Metformin, Lisinopril, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 63-year old woman with General Health, Blood Glucose, Hypercholesterolemia, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Blood Glucose Increased
Recent Simvastatin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nitroglycerin, Aspirin, Flagyl, Atenolol, Simvastatin for a 36-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Crestor for a 64-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Simvastatin for a 67-year old man who has High Cholesterol
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogi, Simvastatin for a 41-year old woman who has Lower Cholesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.