Review: could Simvastatin cause Arthritis?
Summary: Arthritis is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 77,553 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 550 have Arthritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Arthritis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Arthritis >>>
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 80,894 Simvastatin users)
Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 59,110 Arthritis patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 77,532 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 550 people (0.71%) have Arthritis.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Arthritis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Arthritis when taking Simvastatin * :
Severity of Arthritis when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Arthritis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (125 people, 22.73%)
- Blood cholesterol (88 people, 16.00%)
- Diabetes mellitus (84 people, 15.27%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (81 people, 14.73%)
- Pain (79 people, 14.36%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (166 people, 30.18%)
- Zocor (106 people, 19.27%)
- Prilosec (102 people, 18.55%)
- Nitroglycerin (96 people, 17.45%)
- Potassium chloride (84 people, 15.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of simvastatin and arthritis on
Do you have Arthritis while taking Simvastatin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Arthritis
- support group for people who take Simvastatin
- support group for people who have Arthritis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a 56-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Co-codamol, Simvastatin, Ranitidine, Perindopril Erbumine, Prozac for a 75-year old man with Low Egfr, Pain, Hypercholesterolaemia, Hyperacidity, Blood Pressure Increased, Depression. The patient has Depression, Loss Of Bladder Control
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Simvastatin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Prilosec Otc, Cayenne, Multivitamin, Melatonin, Fish Oil, Calcium, Biotin, B Complex Vitamin, Tavist Allergy/sinus/headache, Actifed, Norco for a 50-year old woman with General Physical Condition, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Heartburn - Chronic, Edema, General Physical Health Deterioration, Difficulty Falling Asleep, Bone Strength And Calcium, Spoon Nails, Fatigue, Allergies, Chronic Pain. The patient has Enlarged Liver
- A study of side effects of Zocor for a 55-year old woman with Lower Cholesterol. The patient has Myalgia
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a 79-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Anosmia
Recent Simvastatin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Simvastatin for a 81-year old woman who has Blood Cholesterol Decreased
- Comparions of Nitroglycerin, Aspirin, Flagyl, Atenolol, Simvastatin for a 36-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Crestor for a 64-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Simvastatin for a 67-year old man who has High Cholesterol
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.