Review: could Simvastatin cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 77,553 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,752 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Back pain >>>
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 80,902 Simvastatin users)
Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 107,113 Back pain patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 77,532 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 1,752 people (2.26%) have Back Pain.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||18.63%||25.49%||8.82%||12.75%||21.57%||6.86%||5.88% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Simvastatin * :
|Back pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.20%||0.20%||2.29%||9.89%||26.92%||60.50% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Back pain||4.55%||45.45%||40.91%||9.09% |
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Back pain||10.00%||0.00%||90.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (266 people, 15.18%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (194 people, 11.07%)
- Osteoporosis (177 people, 10.10%)
- Pain (151 people, 8.62%)
- Diabetes mellitus (131 people, 7.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (625 people, 35.67%)
- Lisinopril (320 people, 18.26%)
- Zometa (277 people, 15.81%)
- Prilosec (258 people, 14.73%)
- Vitamin d (217 people, 12.39%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of simvastatin and back pain on
Do you have Back Pain while taking Simvastatin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Simvastatin
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a 58-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 87-year old man with Pain. The patient has Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Ramipril, Simvastatin for a 88-year old man with Heart Disease, Heart Disease - Aging. The patient has Open Heart Surgery
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Glipizide, Vitamin D, Simvastatin, Carvedilol, Amlodipine Besylate, Tramadol, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Januvia for a 63-year old woman with Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Chronic Kidney Disease, High Blood Cholesterol, Pain - Bones, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Thigh Pain
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a 49-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Yellow Watery Chronic Diarhea
Recent Simvastatin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nitroglycerin, Aspirin, Flagyl, Atenolol, Simvastatin for a 36-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Crestor for a 64-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Simvastatin for a 67-year old man who has High Cholesterol
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogi, Simvastatin for a 41-year old woman who has Lower Cholesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.