Review: could Simvastatin cause Eructation (Belching)?
Summary: Eructation is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 77,499 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 119 have Eructation. Find out below who they are, when they have Eructation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Eructation >>>
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 80,843 Simvastatin users)
Eructation (release of gas from the digestive tract) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 5,909 Eructation patients)
On Jan, 4, 2015: 77,477 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 119 people (0.15%) have Eructation.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Eructation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Eructation when taking Simvastatin * :
Severity of Eructation when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Eructation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (23 people, 19.33%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (21 people, 17.65%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (12 people, 10.08%)
- Depression (9 people, 7.56%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (9 people, 7.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (35 people, 29.41%)
- Lisinopril (28 people, 23.53%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (17 people, 14.29%)
- Omeprazole (16 people, 13.45%)
- Xanax (16 people, 13.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Eructation while taking Simvastatin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Eructation
- support group for people who take Simvastatin
- support group for people who have Eructation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How many/what percentage of older males who have had a stroke, have another while taking uloric?
Concerned as my Rheumatologist wants me to start using Uloric40 mg and while I see that their is a relatively small incidence of stroke occurring (unless you are part of the "small" group); I have been unable to locate statistics for those previous stroke patients that are now using or have used Uloric, and had another stroke.
- Is valerian safe to take with the rx drugs below?
As a man in his late seventies I have sleep interruption issues, including length of sleep (only 4-6hrs.) as well as quality of that sleep. Having been apprised of the dangers of OTC as well as Rx meds increasing risk of dementia, I am researching natural supplement alternatives such as low dose, sublingual Melatonin, Valerian and Chamomile tea. QUESTION: Danger of Contraindication with above Rx drugs.
- Put mango into nutribullet mix for 1st time. 2 hours later had chest tightness. thought it was a heart attack. afraid to try mango again !
Hello. Purchased a nutribullet. Yesterday I made my 1st drink with the fruit mango and some mango peel. Approx an hour later I thought I was having a heart attack. Lasted for 15 minutes. Second attack soon after. I simply layed on my stomach and rested. Feeling better later in day and much better today. Have a good life!
- Should i continue taking simvastatin when diagnosed with gilberts syndrome?
Muscle pain and stiffness in joints particularly first thing in morning
- Will taking simvistatin for dyslipidemia for 5 yrs cause my liver to ache/hurt?
Been taking simvastatin for about 5 yrs, but in the last 2-3 months have been experiencing ache and sometimes pain from my lower right front emanating around my right side and into my lower back, I have been tested for a possible urinary tract infection that came in negative, doctors are unsure of what could be going on at this point, I am suspicious of the simvastatin affecting my liver but am not sure because of the long time I have been using it and not experiencing any problem until now
More questions for: Simvastatin, Eructation
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- A life of depression and fatigue
1) Family history of depression, 2) Diagnosed depression 1964-not treated until 1973, 3) Worked in medical field 35 years, 4) Emergency on-call 24/7, 5) Hospital 15 times major depression, 6) Tried nearly all MAOI, TCA, SSRI, SNRI, and ECT. 7) 100% Disability in 1998 for depression. Now at age 70 I have dysthymia, chronic fatigue, COPD, and PTSD. My recommendation to younger people - do not over stress,
do not smoke, avoid horrific or traumatic situations and try to find some enjoyment in life. If you have symptoms like mine seek early treatment put balance in your life. The often heard recommendations - get plenty of sleep, eat properly, learn to relax and avoid bad habits should not be ignored, they are critical to good physical and mental health.
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Bad hair days due to medication i think, is prednisolone the culprit and if so wiil things get back to normal?
My hair has changed from a slightly wavy thick head of, to frizzy, still a good lot of hair. I did have a 1 month spell of more than usual hair loss. I have been on Prednisolone since July 2013 30grm a day to start with reducing, at present 9 mg per day. The texture and look is not sitting well with me.
- Simvastatin side effects (2 responses)
I have taken this drug to reduce my high cholesterol. It has done a good job keeping it down,
but may be the cause of the symptoms I listed above.
- Lump in throat, swallowing problems, reflux (1 response)
After 3 months, my total cholesterol went way down, but developed terrible throat problems. Like an ever-present lump that made it difficult to swallow. At night, discomfort with acid going up and down my throat all night, making it hard to sleep and breathe. Stopped taking Simvastatin on my own (doctor said it was not the cause) and within 3-4 days, the throat problems totally resolved and have not come back. Also had many leg-cramps when using it.
More reviews for: Simvastatin, Eructation
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 days ago):
Have had a cough for over 2 years, have changed medications, no effect.
Getting worse last 2,months
From this study (7 days ago):
Sustained Wallenberg syndrome cva 6/2013,unemployed divorced, depressed, suicidal ideation.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Just started the drug therapy two days ago. Pain is relieved but I can still feel the effects, especially weakness.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.