Review: could Simvastatin cause Eructation (Belching)?
Summary: Eructation is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 77,518 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 119 have Eructation. Find out below who they are, when they have Eructation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Eructation >>>
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 80,864 Simvastatin users)
Eructation (release of gas from the digestive tract) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 5,909 Eructation patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 77,518 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 119 people (0.15%) have Eructation.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Eructation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Eructation when taking Simvastatin * :
Severity of Eructation when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Eructation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (23 people, 19.33%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (21 people, 17.65%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (12 people, 10.08%)
- Depression (9 people, 7.56%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (9 people, 7.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (35 people, 29.41%)
- Lisinopril (28 people, 23.53%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (17 people, 14.29%)
- Omeprazole (16 people, 13.45%)
- Xanax (16 people, 13.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Eructation while taking Simvastatin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Eructation
- support group for people who take Simvastatin
- support group for people who have Eructation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a 64-year old woman with Thyroxine Abnormal. The patient has Lower Leg Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide for a 49-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Diarrhoea Aggravated, Skin Discolouration, Runny Nose
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Omega 3, Sinemet, Escitalopram, Bystolic, Lotrel, Simvastatin, Clonazepam, Vesicare for a 60-year old man with Incontinence, Age-related Hearing Loss, Parkinson's Disease, Depression, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Sleep Disorder, Urgent Urination. The patient has Fatigue, Parkinsonian Gait, Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Proair Hfa, Ginger Root, Simvastatin, Probiotic, Flomax, Humulin R, Atenolol, Rocephin, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 57-year old man with Hypertension, Chronic Bronchitis, Health, High Blood Cholesterol, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cancer - Prostate, Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Respiratory Tract Congestion, Infection - Ear. The patient has Low Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Ativan, Lisinopril, Zoloft, Simvastatin, Janumet for a 64-year old woman with Heartburn Prevention, Insomnia, High Blood Cholesterol, Chronic Depression, Diabetes. The patient has Photosensitivity Reaction
Recent Simvastatin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogi, Simvastatin for a 41-year old woman who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Simvastatin for a 25-year old man who has Hypercholesterolaemia
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Quinapril, Clonidine for a 71-year old man who has Enlarged Prostate
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Crestor for a 61-year old woman who has Cholesterol Embolization Syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.