Review: could Simvastatin cause Eye pain?
Summary: Eye pain is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 77,553 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 196 have Eye pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Eye pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Eye pain >>>
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 80,902 Simvastatin users)
Eye pain has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, glaucoma, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 13,631 Eye pain patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 77,532 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 196 people (0.25%) have Eye Pain.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Eye pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Eye pain||0.00%||64.29%||21.43%||7.14%||0.00%||0.00%||7.14% |
Age of people who have Eye pain when taking Simvastatin * :
|Eye pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.57%||6.29%||32.57%||56.57% |
Severity of Eye pain when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Eye pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Eye pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Eye pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (46 people, 23.47%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (31 people, 15.82%)
- Blood cholesterol (25 people, 12.76%)
- Multiple myeloma (24 people, 12.24%)
- Breast cancer (24 people, 12.24%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (64 people, 32.65%)
- Protonix (44 people, 22.45%)
- Zometa (43 people, 21.94%)
- Omeprazole (40 people, 20.41%)
- Folic acid (40 people, 20.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of simvastatin and eye pain on
Do you have Eye Pain while taking Simvastatin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Eye Pain
- support group for people who take Simvastatin
- support group for people who have Eye Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Hydroxyzine, Effexor Xr for a 36-year old woman with Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Estradiol, Atenolol, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 70-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, Postmenopause, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Shoulder Blade Pain, Pain - Shoulder, Tingling And Numbness
- A study of drug interactions between Coenzyme Q10, ASA, Plavix, Actos, Metformin, Glucotrol, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Zocor, Glipizide, Byetta for a 73-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, Hyperlipidaemia, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Parkinsonian Rest Tremor, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependenet.
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Lovaza, Trilipix, Simvastatin, Qsymia for a 43-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Loss. The patient has Muscle Spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Fluticasone Propionate, Soma, Simvastatin, Zetia, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Ultram, Lamictal, Quetiapine Fumarate for a 48-year old woman with COPD, Allergy, Fibromyalgia, Total Cholesterol, Low Thyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bipolar. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Back Stiffness, Pain - Knee, Shortness Of Breath, Burning Across The Kneecap
Recent Simvastatin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nitroglycerin, Aspirin, Flagyl, Atenolol, Simvastatin for a 36-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Crestor for a 64-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Simvastatin for a 67-year old man who has High Cholesterol
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogi, Simvastatin for a 41-year old woman who has Lower Cholesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.