Simvastatin and Eye pain - from FDA reports
Eye pain is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Diabetes. This review analyzes which people have Eye pain with Simvastatin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 142,404 people who have side effects when taking Simvastatin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 24, 2017
142,404 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin.
Among them, 412 people (0.29%) have Eye pain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Simvastatin when people have Eye pain *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 76.92 %
- 6 - 12 months: 23.08 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Eye pain when taking Simvastatin *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Eye pain when taking Simvastatin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.61 %
- 30-39: 3.64 %
- 40-49: 4.55 %
- 50-59: 25.45 %
- 60+: 65.76 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Diabetes (36 people, 8.74%)
- Glaucoma (34 people, 8.25%)
- Dry Eyes (31 people, 7.52%)
- Multiple Myeloma (29 people, 7.04%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (25 people, 6.07%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (64 people, 15.53%)
- Omeprazole (52 people, 12.62%)
- Protonix (47 people, 11.41%)
- Zometa (46 people, 11.17%)
- Xanax (46 people, 11.17%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Headache (97 people, 23.54%)
- Vision Blurred (87 people, 21.12%)
- Ocular Hyperaemia (77 people, 18.69%)
- Breathing Difficulty (72 people, 17.48%)
- Joint Pain (64 people, 15.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Eye pain when taking Simvastatin?
- Check symptoms - is eye pain caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsEye pain and drugs with ingredients of simvastatin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEye pain and Simvastatin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Simvastatin 149,078 users)
Eye pain has been reported by people with dry eyes, multiple sclerosis, glaucoma, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 25,708 Eye pain patients).
Browse all side effects of Simvastatina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Eye painEye pain
Could your condition cause Eye painEye pain
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I was put on simvastatin in June 2017. Aug 25 2017 I woke up with double vision. Had Ct scan, MRI w/contrast, ultrasound of corodid artery and several blood tests all came back fine stopped simvastatin but still have diplopia how long will it last. Saw ophthalmologist also.
User reviews to the study
I have been experiencing breast pain and tenderness for a couple of years sporadically and it is really getting me down. I have previously sought treatment to rule out breast cancer Andy all tests have previously come back clear. I have been taking Simvastatin and a previous cholesterol drug ...
I have taken 80 mg. of Simvastatin since my open heart surgery in 2001. My rectal bleeding started 1 1/2 years ago when a Doctor prescribed Naproxen - that was followed by massive rectal hemorrhaging. My Doctor immediately stopped use of Naproxen, all aspirin and Simvastatin, and the bleeding ...
Was on lovastatin and woke up one day with a speak delay. Had tests ran indicated that I didn't have a stroke or bleeding on the brain. Still am having trouble speaking. Does anyone know how long this will last?