Simvastatin and Gout - from FDA reports
Gout is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Allopurinol, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Gout with Simvastatin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 142,404 people who have side effects when taking Simvastatin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
142,404 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin.
Among them, 428 people (0.3%) have Gout
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Simvastatin when people have Gout *:
- < 1 month: 42.86 %
- 1 - 6 months: 11.9 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.76 %
- 1 - 2 years: 2.38 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 14.29 %
- 10+ years: 23.81 %
Gender of people who have Gout when taking Simvastatin *:
- female: 25.78 %
- male: 74.22 %
Age of people who have Gout when taking Simvastatin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 2.15 %
- 40-49: 7.98 %
- 50-59: 20.86 %
- 60+: 69.02 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (33 people, 7.71%)
- Pain (25 people, 5.84%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (22 people, 5.14%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (17 people, 3.97%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (15 people, 3.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Allopurinol (84 people, 19.63%)
- Aspirin (82 people, 19.16%)
- Furosemide (66 people, 15.42%)
- Lisinopril (48 people, 11.21%)
- Omeprazole (42 people, 9.81%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain In Extremity (78 people, 18.22%)
- Pain (65 people, 15.19%)
- Breathing Difficulty (63 people, 14.72%)
- Fatigue (61 people, 14.25%)
- Chest Pain (52 people, 12.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gout when taking Simvastatin?
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Simvastatin 144,794 users)
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, gout, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 24,782 Gout patients).