Home > Simvastatin > Inflammation > Simvastatin and Inflammation
Review: could Simvastatin cause Inflammation?
We study 77,438 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 266 have Inflammation. Find out below who they are, when they have Inflammation and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Inflammation >>>
Simvastatin (latest outcomes from 80,771 users) has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Inflammation (latest reports from 99,704 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, metastases to bone.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 77,438 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 266 people (0.34%) have Inflammation.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Inflammation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Inflammation when taking Simvastatin * :
Severity of Inflammation when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Inflammation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (42 people, 15.79%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (31 people, 11.65%)
- Osteoporosis (22 people, 8.27%)
- Depression (20 people, 7.52%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (18 people, 6.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (77 people, 28.95%)
- Zometa (54 people, 20.30%)
- Folic acid (40 people, 15.04%)
- Omeprazole (38 people, 14.29%)
- Prednisone (30 people, 11.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Inflammation while taking Simvastatin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Inflammation
- support group for people who take Simvastatin
- support group for people who have Inflammation
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
vision is sometimes blurred and smallest toes on right foot become numb
From this study (3 weeks ago):
Vicky on Sep, 23, 2014:
Accidentally discovered severe joint swelling as a reaction to Novolog during a pump vacation. Been on an insulin pump for 30 years.
From this study (3 weeks ago):
Depression diagnosed first, and eventually identified as cyclothymia. Arthritis second. Hypothyroid and high cholesterol next. Headaches resolved with menopause, but have come back. Allergic reactions to unknown things about same time as headaches.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Simvastatin, Inflammation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Bad hair days due to medication i think, is prednisolone the culprit and if so wiil things get back to normal?
My hair has changed from a slightly wavy thick head of, to frizzy, still a good lot of hair. I did have a 1 month spell of more than usual hair loss. I have been on Prednisolone since July 2013 30grm a day to start with reducing, at present 9 mg per day. The texture and look is not sitting well with ...
- Simvastatin side effects
I have taken this drug to reduce my high cholesterol. It has done a good job keeping it down,
but may be the cause of the symptoms I listed above.
More reviews for: Simvastatin, Inflammation
On eHealthMe, Simvastatin (simvastatin) is often used for high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions Simvastatin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Simvastatin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vitamin D, Atorvastatin Calcium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Indomethacin for a 39-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Pain, Gout (17 minutes ago)
- Haloperidol for a 61-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder (33 minutes ago)
- Iron Dextran, Vitamin B12, Methadone Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Nuvigil for a 46-year old woman who has Anemia, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Neuropathy, Depression, Narcolepsy (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Vitamin D and Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
- Toe Swelling and Indomethacin
- Toe Swelling and Gout
- Methadone Hydrochloride and Toe Swelling
- Toe Swelling and Pain
Recent user comments
- "Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indo ... " (19 minutes ago)
- "I did call my doctors office about it and they deny k ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and ... " (8 hours ago)
- Sneddon's Syndrome
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
- Shy Drager Syndrome