Review: could Simvastatin cause Inflammation?
Summary: Inflammation is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 77,532 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 266 have Inflammation. Find out below who they are, when they have Inflammation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Inflammation >>>
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 80,878 Simvastatin users)
Inflammation has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, metastases to bone. (latest reports from 19,571 Inflammation patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 77,532 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 266 people (0.34%) have Inflammation.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Inflammation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Inflammation when taking Simvastatin * :
Severity of Inflammation when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Inflammation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (42 people, 15.79%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (31 people, 11.65%)
- Osteoporosis (22 people, 8.27%)
- Depression (20 people, 7.52%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (18 people, 6.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (77 people, 28.95%)
- Zometa (54 people, 20.30%)
- Folic acid (40 people, 15.04%)
- Omeprazole (38 people, 14.29%)
- Prednisone (30 people, 11.28%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Simvastatin and inflammation on
Do you have Inflammation while taking Simvastatin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Inflammation
- support group for people who take Simvastatin
- support group for people who have Inflammation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Zocor for a 64-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Namenda, Ginkgo Biloba, Niacin And Niacinamide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Patanol for a 76-year old woman with Nail Disorder, Alzheimer's Disease, Dementia, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, Allergy. The patient has Fatigue, Rash Generalised
- A study of side effects of Gabapentin for a 68-year old man with Neuropathy. The patient has Inflammation
- A study of drug interactions between Candesartan Cilexetil And Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Metformin, Simvastatin for a 68-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Urinary Incontinence, Urinary Tract Infection Enterococcal
- A study of drug interactions between Zorvolex, Simvastatin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 61-year old woman with Pain - Bones, High Blood Cholesterol, Autoimmune Disorder, Tachycardia. The patient has Muscle Pain, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Joint Pain, Joint Stiffness, Pain Exacerbated
Recent Simvastatin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nitroglycerin, Aspirin, Flagyl, Atenolol, Simvastatin for a 36-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Crestor for a 64-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Simvastatin for a 67-year old man who has High Cholesterol
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogi, Simvastatin for a 41-year old woman who has Lower Cholesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.