Home > Simvastatin > Kidney failure > Simvastatin and Kidney failure
Review: could Simvastatin cause Kidney failure (Acute kidney failure)?
We study 77,438 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,660 have Kidney failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Kidney failure >>>
Simvastatin (latest outcomes from 80,771 users) has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Kidney failure (loss of kidney function) (latest reports from 427,622 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 77,438 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 1,660 people (2.14%) have Kidney Failure.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Kidney failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Kidney failure||15.83%||27.34%||5.04%||15.83%||9.35%||20.14%||6.47% |
Age of people who have Kidney failure when taking Simvastatin * :
|Kidney failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.46%||0.20%||1.92%||4.84%||17.50%||75.08% |
Severity of Kidney failure when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Kidney failure||33.33%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Kidney failure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Kidney failure||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (259 people, 15.60%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (129 people, 7.77%)
- Diabetes mellitus (95 people, 5.72%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (94 people, 5.66%)
- Atrial fibrillation (67 people, 4.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (555 people, 33.43%)
- Furosemide (291 people, 17.53%)
- Lasix (279 people, 16.81%)
- Lisinopril (245 people, 14.76%)
- Omeprazole (224 people, 13.49%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Kidney Failure while taking Simvastatin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Kidney Failure
- support group for people who take Simvastatin
- support group for people who have Kidney Failure
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- When was this study made? can i sue merck?
I had a cerebral hemmorage and stroke. Was lucky and was at a major casino in Las Vegas. I had surgery through my groin to stop the bleed. I was then left in a coma for 2 months. When I started to wake up I could not move, eat, swallow, I did not know who I was or who my husband of 40 years were. I ...
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- Could inhaled steroids and predisone over 20 years attribute to necrosis of the femoral head?
Hi, I am a 44 year old South African white male. I have been on inhaled steroids since the early 1990's, after being diagnosed as a chronic allergic asthmatic and sinus sufferer. I have been on Medrol 16mg on and off since diagnosis, and The asthma is now well controlled. I had cateract surgery in ...
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- What could be causing eye pain and headacne and bright glaring light on the right side only?
Senitive to light, can't spend long on computer or cell phone. Diagnosed with anklylosing spondylosis
- Is rasberry ketone safe
i had tia 2years ago is it safe to take rasbery ketone im on a diet
- Creatinine rising on crestor & causing kidney failure
Husband been on Crestor for 3 years...Creatinine been increasing and he already is a diabetic and been watching his kidney function. Everything I read online points to the Crestor causing Kidney Failure but the doctors REFUSE to listen too us and now he is heading toward dialysis or a Kidney Transpl ...
- Should a person with the history of itp take the drug meloxicam
I am the one in the books on the study of ITP. in 1976 I had my spleen removed as the result of the disease. at that time I was 16. now I am 54 and scarred that if I take any kind of blood thinner this may cause the disease to return. Should I be taking Meloxicam with it being somewhat of a blood ...
- How badly will zoloft effect vitamin b12, will that person be required to receive vitamin b12 shots on a weekly basic
How badly will Zoloft effect your vitamin B12, will it effect it enough to require a person to need a weekly vitamin B12 shot...I have been told that my body will not absorb vitamin B12 through my stomach and because of that I require a shot...after I get my shot my B12 is up around 1100 and a week ...
- Can testosterone cause hyperkinectic heart symtom
I used testosone injections for more that 20 years.
More questions for: Simvastatin, Kidney failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Bad hair days due to medication i think, is prednisolone the culprit and if so wiil things get back to normal?
My hair has changed from a slightly wavy thick head of, to frizzy, still a good lot of hair. I did have a 1 month spell of more than usual hair loss. I have been on Prednisolone since July 2013 30grm a day to start with reducing, at present 9 mg per day. The texture and look is not sitting well with ...
- Simvastatin side effects
I have taken this drug to reduce my high cholesterol. It has done a good job keeping it down,
but may be the cause of the symptoms I listed above.
- Lump in throat, swallowing problems, reflux
After 3 months, my total cholesterol went way down, but developed terrible throat problems. Like an ever-present lump that made it difficult to swallow. At night, discomfort with acid going up and down my throat all night, making it hard to sleep and breathe. Stopped taking Simvastatin on my own ...
- Simvastatin caused diseases
Took simvastatin for five years, Developed autoimmune disease, diabetes, myopathy, loss of sight and hearing, seborrheic dermatitis, fibromyalgia, drug induced lupus, tingling in feet and arms, fluid in head, pressure in head, numbness in face, ringing in ears, itchy ears and anus, photo sensitivity ...
- Loss of taste & recovery
Condition appeared upon use of Simvastatin. Mostly corrected by liberal use of MSG.
More reviews for: Simvastatin, Kidney failure
On eHealthMe, Simvastatin (simvastatin) is often used for high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions Simvastatin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Simvastatin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
More related studies for: Simvastatin, Kidney failure
Recent Simvastatin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Amphetamine Salt Combo, Escitalopram, Lamotrigine, Depakote for a 61-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Zocor, Lipitor for a 68-year old man who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Vesicare, Ampyra, Zocor, Tysabri, Baclofen for a 45-year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis Relapse
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Simvastatin for a 33-year old man who has Hypolipidaemia
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Levemir Flexpen for a 47-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Itraconazole for a 5-year old boy who has Hyperlipidemia
- Comparions of Chantix, Metformin, Simvastatin, Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac for a 52-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Amlodipine, Aspirin, Simvastatin for a 56-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Crestor, Simvastatin for a 64-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Furosemide, Simvastatin, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Candesartan Cilexetil, Digoxin for a 81-year old woman who has Atrial Flutter
More related comparison studies for: Simvastatin, Kidney failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (19 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (1 hour ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Spironolactone and Junel Fe 1/20
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
- Mirena and Coagulopathy
- Slapped Cheek
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (4 hours ago)
- Dreams Bad
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Stress And Anxiety
- Chronic Mitral Valve Regurgitation