Review: could Simvastatin cause Leg pain?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 7, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.7/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 72,153 people who take Simvastatin. Among them, 9 have Leg pain. See who they are, when they have Leg pain and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Simvastatin (latest outcomes from 80,527 users) has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure. Commonly reported side effects of Simvastatin include weakness, breathing difficulty, dyspnoea exacerbated, nausea, nausea aggravated.
Leg pain (latest reports from 1,865 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, allergies.
On Mar, 7, 2014: 72,153 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 9 people (0.01%) have Leg Pain. They amount to 0.48% of all the 1,860 people who have Leg Pain.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Leg pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Leg pain||22.22%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||11.11%||22.22%||11.11% |
Age of people who have Leg pain when taking Simvastatin * :
|Leg pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||55.56%||44.44% |
Severity of Leg pain when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Leg pain||0.00%||44.44%||44.44%||11.11% |
How people recovered from Leg pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Leg pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cholesterol (3 people, 33.33%)
- High blood pressure (2 people, 22.22%)
- High blood cholesterol (2 people, 22.22%)
- Multi-vitamin deficiency (1 people, 11.11%)
- Health (1 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fish oil (2 people, 22.22%)
- Ambien (2 people, 22.22%)
- Aspirin (2 people, 22.22%)
- Amlodipine besylate (2 people, 22.22%)
- Ubiquinol (1 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Simvastatin, Leg pain
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Simvastatin (simvastatin) is often used for high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions Simvastatin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Simvastatin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Simvastatin side effects from A to Z:
Browse Simvastatin drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
I am suffering from severe mood swings and nervousness. Sometimes I am so mad I want to rip something apart, most of the time my poor husband catches the brunt of it. My headaches are coming back, but I really want to get rid of the crazy mood swings before I hurt myself or someone else when i lose my temper maybe in a car driving, I will fly into a rage over little things...Please help me with this.
What do I need to get OFF of OR ON...
Thank you, Carolyn
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- People with statin drug damage
Have been on disability for 18 months. Can not walk to car without being fatigued. Have lots of nerve pain. On a lot of Pain meds an they don't always work. I was told this one won't do that an this one won't do that. The one that put me over the edge was Zetia. My doctor's don't know what to do o ...
- I have a pacemaker and take lisinopril & metoprolol
The pacemaker was needed to increase the heart rate from 38. Do I need to take the medicines that I am now taking?
- Do you suddenly speak with a different accent after a headache, tia, stroke, or other head injury?
Does anyone else out there have a foreign accent that came on suddenly? I know Foreign Accent Syndrome is very rare, but I am trying to find others like myself so that we can learn together. I had a migraine often caused by weather fronts or strobe lights. Only this time it caused me to have a growi ...
More questions for: Simvastatin, Leg pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lump in throat, swallowing problems, reflux
After 3 months, my total cholesterol went way down, but developed terrible throat problems. Like an ever-present lump that made it difficult to swallow. At night, discomfort with acid going up and down my throat all night, making it hard to sleep and breathe. Stopped taking Simvastatin on my own ...
- Simvastatin caused diseases
Took simvastatin for five years, Developed autoimmune disease, diabetes, myopathy, loss of sight and hearing, seborrheic dermatitis, fibromyalgia, drug induced lupus, tingling in feet and arms, fluid in head, pressure in head, numbness in face, ringing in ears, itchy ears and anus, photo sensitivity ...
- Loss of taste & recovery
Condition appeared upon use of Simvastatin. Mostly corrected by liberal use of MSG.
More reviews for: Simvastatin, Leg pain
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between B Complex Vitamin, Zocor, Halcion, Flexeril, Lyrica, Cymbalta, Norvasc, Hyzaar, Plavix, Centrum Silver for a patient with Blood Count Abnormal, High Blood Cholesterol, Sleep Apnea, Muscle Tightness, Neuropathy - Peripheral, Vascular Spasm, Hypertension, Tia, Nutrition Labeling. The patient has Severe Degenritive Disc Disease, Ruptured L5-4, Hypertension (High blood pressure), Pain - Leg (Leg pain), Cerebrovascular Spasm
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Vitamin C, Centrum Silver, Ubiquinol, Fish Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Vitamin B12, Milk Thistle, Aspirin, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Simvastatin for a patient with Iron Supplements And Disease, Multi-vitamin Deficiency, Health, Energy Increased, Liver Scan Abnormal, Heart Disease Congenital, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Paleness, Tiredness (Fatigue), Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Muscle Stiffness (Spasticity), Low Back Pain (Back pain - low), Flushing (Skin blushing/flushing), Aches - Leg (Leg pain), Burning Feet Syndrome
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a patient with Cholesterol. The patient has Cramps - Leg (involuntary muscle contractions of leg)
More related studies for: Simvastatin, Leg pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.