Review: could Simvastatin cause Leg pain?
Summary: Leg pain is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Fish oil, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 77,532 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Leg pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Leg pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Leg pain >>>
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 80,878 Simvastatin users)
Leg pain has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 1,087 Leg pain patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 77,518 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 15 people (0.02%) have Leg Pain.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Leg pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Leg pain||13.33%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||26.67%||20.00%||6.67% |
Age of people who have Leg pain when taking Simvastatin * :
|Leg pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.67%||40.00%||53.33% |
Severity of Leg pain when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Leg pain||0.00%||46.67%||33.33%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Leg pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Leg pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood cholesterol (6 people, 40.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (4 people, 26.67%)
- High blood pressure (3 people, 20.00%)
- Cholesterol (3 people, 20.00%)
- Gerd (2 people, 13.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fish oil (3 people, 20.00%)
- Omeprazole (3 people, 20.00%)
- Vitamin d (3 people, 20.00%)
- Zyrtec (2 people, 13.33%)
- Synthroid (2 people, 13.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of simvastatin and leg pain on
Do you have Leg Pain while taking Simvastatin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Leg Pain
- support group for people who take Simvastatin
- support group for people who have Leg Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of drug interactions between Amiloride Hydrochloride And Hydrochlorothiazide, Simvastatin for a 62-year old woman with Bloodpressure, Cholesterol.
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a 64-year old woman with Thyroxine Abnormal. The patient has Lower Leg Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide for a 49-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Diarrhoea Aggravated, Skin Discolouration, Runny Nose
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Omega 3, Sinemet, Escitalopram, Bystolic, Lotrel, Simvastatin, Clonazepam, Vesicare for a 60-year old man with Incontinence, Age-related Hearing Loss, Parkinson's Disease, Depression, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Sleep Disorder, Urgent Urination. The patient has Fatigue, Parkinsonian Gait, Tremor
Recent Simvastatin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Simvastatin for a 67-year old man who has High Cholesterol
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogi, Simvastatin for a 41-year old woman who has Lower Cholesterol
- Comparions of Atorvastatin Calcium, Simvastatin for a 25-year old man who has Hypercholesterolaemia
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Quinapril, Clonidine for a 71-year old man who has Enlarged Prostate
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.