Home > Simvastatin > Muscle weakness > Simvastatin and Muscle weakness
Review: could Simvastatin cause Muscle weakness (Weakness)?
We study 77,438 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 4,341 have Muscle weakness. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle weakness and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Muscle weakness >>>
Simvastatin (latest outcomes from 80,771 users) has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Muscle Weakness (a lack of muscle strength) (latest reports from 1,330,649 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 77,438 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 4,362 people (5.63%) have Muscle Weakness.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Muscle weakness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle weakness||17.89%||23.58%||10.89%||11.87%||19.51%||11.06%||5.20% |
Age of people who have Muscle weakness when taking Simvastatin * :
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||0.00%||0.02%||0.46%||1.39%||6.10%||21.10%||70.93% |
Severity of Muscle weakness when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle weakness||5.00%||55.00%||35.00%||5.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle weakness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (496 people, 11.37%)
- Hypertension (492 people, 11.28%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (326 people, 7.47%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (233 people, 5.34%)
- Atrial fibrillation (201 people, 4.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (1,458 people, 33.43%)
- Lisinopril (728 people, 16.69%)
- Furosemide (564 people, 12.93%)
- Omeprazole (546 people, 12.52%)
- Digoxin (394 people, 9.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Weakness while taking Simvastatin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Muscle Weakness
- support group for people who take Simvastatin
- support group for people who have Muscle Weakness
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
Severe body aches and fatigue - unable to excersize anymore (was running 5 miles, 3-5 times a week).
From this study (3 years ago):
Since having been diagnosed with osteoporsis, becoming very bent over due to not having the strength to hold up. Luckily no pain but concerned that the muscle weakness is making condition much worse. Age 91 but otherwise fit and strong spirit to live life. Concerned that muscles are becoming weaker de to mix of medications? Advice would be gratefully received-many thanks
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- When was this study made? can i sue merck?
I had a cerebral hemmorage and stroke. Was lucky and was at a major casino in Las Vegas. I had surgery through my groin to stop the bleed. I was then left in a coma for 2 months. When I started to wake up I could not move, eat, swallow, I did not know who I was or who my husband of 40 years were. I ...
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- Could inhaled steroids and predisone over 20 years attribute to necrosis of the femoral head?
Hi, I am a 44 year old South African white male. I have been on inhaled steroids since the early 1990's, after being diagnosed as a chronic allergic asthmatic and sinus sufferer. I have been on Medrol 16mg on and off since diagnosis, and The asthma is now well controlled. I had cateract surgery in ...
More questions for: Simvastatin, Muscle weakness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Bad hair days due to medication i think, is prednisolone the culprit and if so wiil things get back to normal?
My hair has changed from a slightly wavy thick head of, to frizzy, still a good lot of hair. I did have a 1 month spell of more than usual hair loss. I have been on Prednisolone since July 2013 30grm a day to start with reducing, at present 9 mg per day. The texture and look is not sitting well with ...
More reviews for: Simvastatin, Muscle weakness
On eHealthMe, Simvastatin (simvastatin) is often used for high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions Simvastatin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Simvastatin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (25 seconds ago)
- Nexium, Singulair, Flovent Hfa, Ambien, Seroquel, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Asthma, Sleep Disorder, Depression (6 minutes ago)
- Daytrana for a 7-year old boy who has Hyperness Adhd (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (57 seconds ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (48 minutes ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (2 hours ago)
- Capsular Contracture Associated With Breast Implant
- Amiodarone Hydrochloride
- Transplant Liver