Review: could Simvastatin cause Muscle weakness (Weakness)?
Summary: Muscle weakness is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 77,553 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 4,364 have Muscle weakness. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle weakness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Muscle weakness >>>
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 80,894 Simvastatin users)
Muscle weakness (a lack of muscle strength) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 182,255 Muscle weakness patients)
On Apr, 17, 2015: 77,553 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 4,364 people (5.63%) have Muscle Weakness.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Muscle weakness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle weakness||17.86%||23.54%||10.88%||11.85%||19.48%||11.20%||5.19% |
Age of people who have Muscle weakness when taking Simvastatin * :
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||0.00%||0.02%||0.46%||1.39%||6.09%||21.09%||70.95% |
Severity of Muscle weakness when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle weakness||4.84%||53.23%||35.48%||6.45% |
How people recovered from Muscle weakness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle weakness||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (496 people, 11.37%)
- Hypertension (493 people, 11.30%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (326 people, 7.47%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (233 people, 5.34%)
- Atrial fibrillation (201 people, 4.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (1,458 people, 33.41%)
- Lisinopril (728 people, 16.68%)
- Furosemide (565 people, 12.95%)
- Omeprazole (546 people, 12.51%)
- Digoxin (394 people, 9.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of simvastatin and muscle weakness on
Do you have Muscle Weakness while taking Simvastatin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Muscle Weakness
- support group for people who take Simvastatin
- support group for people who have Muscle Weakness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a 35-year old woman with Endometrioma. The patient has Withdrawal From Opioids, Bladder Discomfort, Vision Blurred, Vision - Light Sensitive, Insomnia, Dehydration, Decreased Appetite, Skin Burning Sensation, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet, Muscle Spasms
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a 56-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Topamax for a 44-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Electrical Shock, Difficulty In Walking, Chest Pain, Chest Tightness Or Pressure, Severe Pain In Fingers, Hands, And Wrists When Not Numb Or Tingling, Skin Itches While Showering, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Short-term Memory Loss, Sudden Memory Loss, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Blurred Vision, Chronic Pain
- A study of side effects of Apokyn for a 55-year old man with Parkinsonism. The patient has Weakness
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Co-codamol, Simvastatin, Ranitidine, Perindopril Erbumine, Prozac for a 75-year old man with Low Egfr, Pain, Hypercholesterolaemia, Hyperacidity, Blood Pressure Increased, Depression. The patient has Depression, Loss Of Bladder Control
Recent Simvastatin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Simvastatin for a 81-year old woman who has Blood Cholesterol Decreased
- Comparions of Nitroglycerin, Aspirin, Flagyl, Atenolol, Simvastatin for a 36-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Crestor for a 64-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Simvastatin for a 67-year old man who has High Cholesterol
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.