Home > Simvastatin > Myalgia > Simvastatin and Myalgia
Review: could Simvastatin cause Myalgia (Muscle aches)?
Summary: Myalgia is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Blood cholesterol increased.
We study 77,462 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,459 have Myalgia. Find out below who they are, when they have Myalgia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Myalgia >>>
Simvastatin (latest outcomes from 80,798 users) has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Myalgia (muscle pain) (latest reports from 506,520 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 77,438 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 2,461 people (3.18%) have Myalgia.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Myalgia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Myalgia when taking Simvastatin * :
Severity of Myalgia when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Myalgia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (381 people, 15.48%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (250 people, 10.16%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (244 people, 9.91%)
- Hypertension (199 people, 8.09%)
- Osteoporosis (97 people, 3.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (621 people, 25.23%)
- Lisinopril (252 people, 10.24%)
- Lipitor (226 people, 9.18%)
- Atenolol (202 people, 8.21%)
- Omeprazole (194 people, 7.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Myalgia while taking Simvastatin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Myalgia
- support group for people who take Simvastatin
- support group for people who have Myalgia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will taking simvistatin for dyslipidemia for 5 yrs cause my liver to ache/hurt?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Back Pain, Side Pain, and takes Simvastatin)
Been taking simvastatin for about 5 yrs, but in the last 2-3 months have been experiencing ache and sometimes pain from my lower right front emanating around my right side and into my lower back, I have been tested for a possible urinary tract infection that came in negative, doctors are unsure of w ...
- When was this study made? can i sue merck?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Coma, Aneurysm In The Brain, and takes Simvastatin)
I had a cerebral hemmorage and stroke. Was lucky and was at a major casino in Las Vegas. I had surgery through my groin to stop the bleed. I was then left in a coma for 2 months. When I started to wake up I could not move, eat, swallow, I did not know who I was or who my husband of 40 years were. I ...
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, and takes Fluticasone Propionate, Finasteride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Butrans, Sertraline, Omeprazole, Simvastatin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Naproxen, Aspirin, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Senna, Colace, Methadone Hydrochloride)
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- Could inhaled steroids and predisone over 20 years attribute to necrosis of the femoral head?
(Asked by a 44 year old man who has Necrosis Ischaemic, and takes Beconase Aq, Valsartan And Hydrochlorothiazide, Nexium, Simvastatin, Serevent)
Hi, I am a 44 year old South African white male. I have been on inhaled steroids since the early 1990's, after being diagnosed as a chronic allergic asthmatic and sinus sufferer. I have been on Medrol 16mg on and off since diagnosis, and The asthma is now well controlled. I had cateract surgery in ...
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Potassium - Low, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, and takes Simvastatin, Losartan, Hctz)
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
More questions for: Simvastatin, Myalgia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Simvastatin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Bad hair days due to medication i think, is prednisolone the culprit and if so wiil things get back to normal?
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has High Cholestral, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, and takes Simvastatin, Prednisolone)
My hair has changed from a slightly wavy thick head of, to frizzy, still a good lot of hair. I did have a 1 month spell of more than usual hair loss. I have been on Prednisolone since July 2013 30grm a day to start with reducing, at present 9 mg per day. The texture and look is not sitting well with ...
- Simvastatin side effects
(Posted by a 63 year old man who has Ringing In Both Ears, Hand Pain And Cramping In Both Hands, Extreme Red Face, and takes Simvastatin)
I have taken this drug to reduce my high cholesterol. It has done a good job keeping it down,
but may be the cause of the symptoms I listed above.
- Lump in throat, swallowing problems, reflux
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, and takes Simvastatin)
After 3 months, my total cholesterol went way down, but developed terrible throat problems. Like an ever-present lump that made it difficult to swallow. At night, discomfort with acid going up and down my throat all night, making it hard to sleep and breathe. Stopped taking Simvastatin on my own ...
More reviews for: Simvastatin, Myalgia
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Celexa, Clozapine, Lotrimin, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Lovenox, Albuterol, Lorazepam, Meropenem, Nystatin, Zofran, Oxytocin, Quetiapine Fumarate, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Hypertension, Unknown, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Bedridden, Lung Disorder, Oral Thrush, Pain, Psychosis, Pneumonia Streptococcal. The patient has Weakness, Agitation, Delusions, Mixed
Comments: was in ICU on ventalator for 14 dyas , moved to regular room for 7 days not getting any better mentally
- A study of drug interactions between Zocor, Zoloft for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Panic Attacks. The patient has Breast Pain, Hair Loss, Urinary Tract Infection
Comments: urinary tract infections began within the last year and occur every 2 months
hair loss and breast pain began about 2 years ago
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Wrinkles, Chapped Hands (dry and cracker hands)
Comments: When I walk I have slap foot
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Montelukast Sodium for a patient with Eosinophilia, Asthma Aggravated. The patient has Muscle Aches, Muscle Fatigue, Numbness And Tingling
Comments: After a few weeks at 30mg/day of Prednisone I started to experience experience muscle fatigue and ache after only a short amount of walking. After a month later on 10mg of Prednisone I started to notice minor tingling and numbness in my feet, then ankles, and now further up my leg after about two we ...
- A study of side effects of Naproxen for a patient with Neck Pain. The patient has Pain - Muscles (muscle pain)
Comments: I have lupus so had very bad neck and shoulder pain which vanished on naproxen. When I stopped taking it, I got severe muscle pain in my upper arms
More related studies for: Simvastatin, Myalgia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.