Review: could Simvastatin cause Myalgia (Muscle aches)?
Summary: Myalgia is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 77,553 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,462 have Myalgia. Find out below who they are, when they have Myalgia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Myalgia >>>
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 80,902 Simvastatin users)
Myalgia (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 73,561 Myalgia patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 77,532 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 2,464 people (3.18%) have Myalgia.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Myalgia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Myalgia when taking Simvastatin * :
Severity of Myalgia when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Myalgia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (381 people, 15.46%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (250 people, 10.15%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (244 people, 9.90%)
- Hypertension (199 people, 8.08%)
- Osteoporosis (97 people, 3.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (622 people, 25.24%)
- Lisinopril (252 people, 10.23%)
- Lipitor (226 people, 9.17%)
- Atenolol (202 people, 8.20%)
- Omeprazole (195 people, 7.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of simvastatin and myalgia on
Do you have Myalgia while taking Simvastatin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Myalgia
- support group for people who take Simvastatin
- support group for people who have Myalgia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Estradiol, Atenolol, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 70-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, Postmenopause, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Shoulder Blade Pain, Pain - Shoulder, Tingling And Numbness
- A study of drug interactions between Coenzyme Q10, ASA, Plavix, Actos, Metformin, Glucotrol, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Zocor, Glipizide, Byetta for a 73-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, Hyperlipidaemia, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Parkinsonian Rest Tremor, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependenet.
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Valium for a 62-year old man with Insomnia, Anxiety. The patient has Pain - Muscles
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Lovaza, Trilipix, Simvastatin, Qsymia for a 43-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Loss. The patient has Muscle Spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Lutein, CoQ-10, Saccharomyces Boulardii, Vitamin B12, Chelated Magnesium, Vitamin D, Levaquin, Escitalopram, Atorvastatin Calcium, Climara, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 56-year old woman with Vision Problems, Cardiovascular Antioxidant, Lack Of Regular Bowel Movements, Low Energy, Muscle Pain, C4 Level, Infection, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Menopause, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Tendon Pain, Muscle Pain, Joint Stiffness
Recent Simvastatin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nitroglycerin, Aspirin, Flagyl, Atenolol, Simvastatin for a 36-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Crestor for a 64-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Simvastatin for a 67-year old man who has High Cholesterol
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogi, Simvastatin for a 41-year old woman who has Lower Cholesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.