Review: could Simvastatin cause Ocular hypertension?
Summary: Ocular hypertension is reported only by a few people who take Simvastatin.
We study 77,532 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Ocular hypertension. Find out below who they are, when they have Ocular hypertension and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Ocular hypertension >>>
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 80,878 Simvastatin users)
Ocular hypertension (intraocular pressure higher than normal) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, pain, macular oedema. (latest reports from 892 Ocular hypertension patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 77,518 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 4 people (0.01%) have Ocular Hypertension.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Ocular hypertension * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ocular hypertension||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Ocular hypertension when taking Simvastatin * :
|Ocular hypertension||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||60.00%||20.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Ocular hypertension when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Ocular hypertension||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Ocular hypertension ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Schizophrenia (2 people, 50.00%)
- Depression (2 people, 50.00%)
- Agitation (2 people, 50.00%)
- Erectile dysfunction (2 people, 50.00%)
- Proteinuria (2 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosinopril sodium (2 people, 50.00%)
- Ziprasidone hcl (2 people, 50.00%)
- Terazosin hcl (2 people, 50.00%)
- Aripiprazole (2 people, 50.00%)
- Sildenafil citrate (2 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of simvastatin and ocular hypertension on
Do you have Ocular Hypertension while taking Simvastatin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Ocular Hypertension
- support group for people who take Simvastatin
- support group for people who have Ocular Hypertension
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zorvolex, Simvastatin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 61-year old woman with Pain - Bones, High Blood Cholesterol, Autoimmune Disorder, Tachycardia. The patient has Muscle Pain, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Joint Pain, Joint Stiffness, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Valtrex, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Lortab, Dexilant, Valium, Wellbutrin, Prozac, Simvastatin, Advair Diskus 100/50 for a 52-year old woman with Shingles, Emphysema, Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Anxiety And Stress, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Depression, Cholesterosis. The patient has Anemia
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Cinnamon, Simvastatin, Metformin, Lisinopril, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 63-year old woman with General Health, Blood Glucose, Hypercholesterolemia, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Blood Glucose Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Clopidogrel Bisulfate, Aspirin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 64-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Coronary Artery Occlusion, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of side effects of Simvastatin for a 37-year old man with Blood Cholesterol Abnormal. The patient has Petechiae
Recent Simvastatin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nitroglycerin, Aspirin, Flagyl, Atenolol, Simvastatin for a 36-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Crestor for a 64-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Simvastatin for a 67-year old man who has High Cholesterol
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogi, Simvastatin for a 41-year old woman who has Lower Cholesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.