Home > Simvastatin > Panic attack > Simvastatin and Panic attack
Review: could Simvastatin cause Panic attack (Panic disorder)?
Summary: Panic attack is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 77,462 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 323 have Panic attack. Find out below who they are, when they have Panic attack and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Panic attack >>>
Simvastatin (latest outcomes from 80,801 users) has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Panic attack (latest reports from 23,380 patients) has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, quit smoking, panic disorder, pain.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 77,462 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 323 people (0.42%) have Panic Attack.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Panic attack * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Panic attack||66.67%||18.52%||7.41%||0.00%||3.70%||3.70%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Panic attack when taking Simvastatin * :
|Panic attack||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.11%||10.31%||39.31%||44.27% |
Severity of Panic attack when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Panic attack||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Panic attack ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Panic attack||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (82 people, 25.39%)
- Diabetes mellitus (60 people, 18.58%)
- Depression (59 people, 18.27%)
- Blood cholesterol (57 people, 17.65%)
- Mental disorder (50 people, 15.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (93 people, 28.79%)
- Zocor (72 people, 22.29%)
- Chantix (70 people, 21.67%)
- Mirtazapine (68 people, 21.05%)
- Toprol-xl (68 people, 21.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Panic Attack while taking Simvastatin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Panic Attack
- support group for people who take Simvastatin
- support group for people who have Panic Attack
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will taking simvistatin for dyslipidemia for 5 yrs cause my liver to ache/hurt?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Back Pain, Side Pain, and takes Simvastatin)
Been taking simvastatin for about 5 yrs, but in the last 2-3 months have been experiencing ache and sometimes pain from my lower right front emanating around my right side and into my lower back, I have been tested for a possible urinary tract infection that came in negative, doctors are unsure of w ...
- When was this study made? can i sue merck?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Coma, Aneurysm In The Brain, and takes Simvastatin)
I had a cerebral hemmorage and stroke. Was lucky and was at a major casino in Las Vegas. I had surgery through my groin to stop the bleed. I was then left in a coma for 2 months. When I started to wake up I could not move, eat, swallow, I did not know who I was or who my husband of 40 years were. I ...
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, and takes Fluticasone Propionate, Finasteride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Butrans, Sertraline, Omeprazole, Simvastatin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Naproxen, Aspirin, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Senna, Colace, Methadone Hydrochloride)
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- Can you take iodine with sertraline ?
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Panic Attacks, and takes Sertraline)
Can you take iodine with Sertraline ? I want to make sure that the Sertraline will still be effective
- Could inhaled steroids and predisone over 20 years attribute to necrosis of the femoral head?
(Asked by a 44 year old man who has Necrosis Ischaemic, and takes Beconase Aq, Valsartan And Hydrochlorothiazide, Nexium, Simvastatin, Serevent)
Hi, I am a 44 year old South African white male. I have been on inhaled steroids since the early 1990's, after being diagnosed as a chronic allergic asthmatic and sinus sufferer. I have been on Medrol 16mg on and off since diagnosis, and The asthma is now well controlled. I had cateract surgery in ...
More questions for: Simvastatin, Panic attack
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Anxiety, Panic Attack, Insomnia, and takes Lipitor)
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Simvastatin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Bad hair days due to medication i think, is prednisolone the culprit and if so wiil things get back to normal?
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has High Cholestral, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, and takes Simvastatin, Prednisolone)
My hair has changed from a slightly wavy thick head of, to frizzy, still a good lot of hair. I did have a 1 month spell of more than usual hair loss. I have been on Prednisolone since July 2013 30grm a day to start with reducing, at present 9 mg per day. The texture and look is not sitting well with ...
- Simvastatin side effects
(Posted by a 63 year old man who has Ringing In Both Ears, Hand Pain And Cramping In Both Hands, Extreme Red Face, and takes Simvastatin)
I have taken this drug to reduce my high cholesterol. It has done a good job keeping it down,
but may be the cause of the symptoms I listed above.
- Horrible vivid nightmares
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Panic Attack, Makes Heart Pound, and takes Lorazepam, Lorazepam)
was prescribed lorazepam for panic attacks. it finally dawned on me at 5:15 a.m.
what was going on. every time I took this drug I had the most vivid horrible nightmare.it woke me up and could not go back to sleep. my husband got up with me and was scared for me. he is sitting up with me because I ...
More reviews for: Simvastatin, Panic attack
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition (sleeplessness related to another mental condition), Chapped Hands (dry and cracker hands), Fear, Focus, Shivering (felling of cold), Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Cold Sweat, Compulsions (performing an act persistently and repetitively), Panic Attacks, Costochondritis (chest wall pain), Stubbornness (dark personality traits), Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs), Fear Of Crowded Places, Fear Of Public Speaking (fear to go in social), Shortness Of Breath, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- A study of side effects of Allegra-d 12 Hour for a patient with Hives. The patient has Anxiety, Panic Attacks
Comments: I have anxiety accompanied by panic attacks which started about 2 years ago. The severity of the anxiety and frequency of the panic attacks has incresed over time. I now have a panic attack nearly every day and am curious whether or not Allegra is contributing to the escalation of my symptoms.
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Norco, Simvastatin, Tricor, Lisinopril, Metformin, Gabapentin, Phentermine, Topiramate for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Inflammatory Pain, Weight Loss. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- A study of drug interactions between Estradiol Valerate, Aspirin, Simvastatin, Ramipril, Aminophyllin for a patient with Menorrhagia, Chd, Tmj Disorders. The patient has Menorrhagia, Tmj Disorders
Comments: had 1 MRI 1 ct on head, awaiting 2nd MRI concentrating on tmj,
had menorrhagia for 2 yrs tried various hormone pills and no change. Had marina coil and clamavil since July 2014 still having periods with clots,
have osteopenia too. T5 T6 diminished in spine,
TMJ much worse when menstruating and m ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, CoQ10, Cinnamon, Vitamin D, Cranberry, Zocor, Atenolol, Xanax for a patient with Heart Artery Dilatation, Supplementation Therapy, Blood Glucose Increased, Vitamin B-12 Level, Urinary Tract Pain, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Palpitations, Anxiety. The patient has Nipple Discharge - Abnormal
Comments: Just noticed a few tiny dots of nipple discharge from clear to light brown when one nipple is squeezed. NOTE: One year ago had small red blood dots from OTHER nipple, spontaneous. Had many tests (see below) and saw a breast surgeon --- result: bleeding thought to be due to trauma (stabbed myself ...
More related studies for: Simvastatin, Panic attack
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.