From FDA reports: Simvastatin and Red face
This is a study of Red face (Skin blushing/flushing) among people who take Simvastatin. The study analyzes: the time on Simvastatin when people have Red face, age of these people, the severity of Red face, how they recovered, and common conditions and drugs used besides Simvastatin. In total 69,587 Simvastatin users are studied. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and is updated regularly.
Do you have a question? Healthcare is personal: one drug can work differently between women and men, or for people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question, and ensure only patients like you can answer it? Our Personalized Q&A can help. Start now
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is used in high blood cholesterol, hyperlipidaemia, blood cholesterol decreased, coronary heart disease, high density lipoprotein abnormal. Commonly reported side effects of Simvastatin include weakness, nausea, breathing difficulty, fatigue, dizziness.
Red face has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high density lipoprotein decreased, high blood pressure, low density lipoprotein increased, hyperlipidaemia.
On Jun, 5, 2013: 69,587 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 1,500 people (2.16%) have Red Face.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Red face * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Red face||41.67%||41.67%||8.33%||8.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Red face when taking Simvastatin * :
|Red face||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.11%||2.25%||11.25%||25.94%||60.45% |
Severity of Red face when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Red face||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Red face ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Red face||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (407 people, 27.13%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (331 people, 22.07%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (169 people, 11.27%)
- Low density lipoprotein increased (145 people, 9.67%)
- Hypertension (117 people, 7.80%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Niaspan (1,200 people, 80.00%)
- Aspirin (859 people, 57.27%)
- Lisinopril (344 people, 22.93%)
- Plavix (215 people, 14.33%)
- Fish oil (166 people, 11.07%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
(If the study does not answer your question, use Personalized Q&A)
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Next: check whether red face is from a drug or a condition
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Simvastatin (simvastatin) is often used for high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions Simvastatin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Simvastatin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Simvastatin side effects from A to Z:
Browse Simvastatin drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Related personalized Q&As (what is this?):
- I take 70 mg of lantus and this is the second time i have had major cramping. the first time i had to be taken to the hospital emergency room. i would like to know if lantus can cause this major cramp
(for a 63 year old woman who has Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Diabetic Neuropathy, Morbid Obesity, COPD, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, and takes Lantus, Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Furosemide, Amlodipine)
On two separate occasions after taking Lantus Insulin I have experienced terrible cramping all over my body (and on several occasions minor cramping). It generally starts with my hands or feet. My thumbs begin to turn inward and/or my toes splay. My calves, thighs, hips, and the base of my back prod ...
- If taking allegra daily causes weakness, will it go away after stopping the drug.
(for a 75 year old woman who takes Zocor, Synthroid, Allegra)
allegra did not bother me until after one month when I switched to generic. Now I am experiencing dizziness and weakness. I am going for heart tests but now I think it may be the fexofenedine. Will the symptoms go away upon stopping the drug? Thank you.
- I've been on effient for 2.5 years with virtually no problems other than bruising. dr switched me to plavix for lower cost. i would like to know medically if this is a good decision
(for a 58 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, Heart Attack , and takes Effient, Ranexa, Clopidogrel, Ramipril, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Simvastatin)
I have been doing well taking Effient for 2.5 years since my heart attack in January, 2011. My cardiologist recently changed me to clopidogrel which I've been on for three days. I never experienced tiredness on effient, which I am experiencing now. The only side effect of Effient that I experienced ...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Lorazepam, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Pravastatin Sodium for a 52-year old woman who has Sleep Phase Rhythm Disturbance, Anxiety, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol (5 minutes ago)
- Doxycycline Hyclate, Zantac for a 36-year old woman who has Acne, Reflux Oesophagitis (7 minutes ago)
- Sertraline, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim Double Strength, Dexilant for a 50-year old woman who has Depression, Infected Insect Bite, Acid Reflux (20 minutes ago)
- Levothyroxine Sodium for a 66-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism Postoperative (57 minutes ago)
- Klonopin, Celexa, Toprol-xl, Lisinopril for a 35-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Hypertension, Hypertension - Essential (1 hour ago)
- Xarelto for a 40-year old woman who has Pulmonary Embolism (1 hour ago)
- Zofran, Morphine, Dilaudid, Prinivil, Sublimaze Preservative Free, Diprivan, Xylocaine, Versed, Ancef, Norvasc, Protonix, Lovenox, Proventil, Percocet, Tylenol, Dulcolax, Milk Of Magnesia, Benadryl, Claritin, Colace, Flonase, Restoril, Baciim, Librium for a 70-year old woman who has Nausea Postoperative, Surgery, Pain Postoperative, Hypertension, Relaxant, Operation, GERD, Prevent Clotting From Broken Hip/surgery, Asthma, Pain Postsurgical, Prevent Constipation Postsurgical, Itching, Allergy, Insomnia Postsurgical, Postsurgical, Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome Prevention In Hospital (2 hours ago)
- Aleve for a 50-year old woman who has Headache (2 hours ago)
- Alcohol 10% And Dextrose 5%, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride for a 54-year old woman who has Depression, Fatigue (2 hours ago)
- Rabeprazole Sodium for a 38-year old woman who has Acid Reflux (3 hours ago)