Home > Simvastatin > Red face > Simvastatin and Red face
Review: could Simvastatin cause Red face (Skin blushing/flushing)?
We study 77,438 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,984 have Red face. Find out below who they are, when they have Red face and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Red face >>>
Simvastatin (latest outcomes from 80,771 users) has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Red face (a sudden reddening of the face, neck) (latest reports from 377,117 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high density lipoprotein decreased, low density lipoprotein increased, high blood pressure, hyperlipidaemia.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 77,438 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 1,984 people (2.56%) have Red Face.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Red face * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Red face||25.00%||30.00%||5.00%||5.00%||20.00%||10.00%||5.00% |
Age of people who have Red face when taking Simvastatin * :
|Red face||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.43%||2.51%||13.08%||25.30%||58.67% |
Severity of Red face when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Red face||10.00%||60.00%||30.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Red face ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Red face||16.67%||0.00%||83.33% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (454 people, 22.88%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (396 people, 19.96%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (210 people, 10.58%)
- Low density lipoprotein increased (173 people, 8.72%)
- Hypertension (136 people, 6.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Niaspan (1,430 people, 72.08%)
- Aspirin (1,012 people, 51.01%)
- Lisinopril (378 people, 19.05%)
- Plavix (235 people, 11.84%)
- Fish oil (206 people, 10.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Red Face while taking Simvastatin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Red Face
- support group for people who take Simvastatin
- support group for people who have Red Face
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- When was this study made? can i sue merck?
I had a cerebral hemmorage and stroke. Was lucky and was at a major casino in Las Vegas. I had surgery through my groin to stop the bleed. I was then left in a coma for 2 months. When I started to wake up I could not move, eat, swallow, I did not know who I was or who my husband of 40 years were. I ...
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- Could inhaled steroids and predisone over 20 years attribute to necrosis of the femoral head?
Hi, I am a 44 year old South African white male. I have been on inhaled steroids since the early 1990's, after being diagnosed as a chronic allergic asthmatic and sinus sufferer. I have been on Medrol 16mg on and off since diagnosis, and The asthma is now well controlled. I had cateract surgery in ...
More questions for: Simvastatin, Red face
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Bad hair days due to medication i think, is prednisolone the culprit and if so wiil things get back to normal?
My hair has changed from a slightly wavy thick head of, to frizzy, still a good lot of hair. I did have a 1 month spell of more than usual hair loss. I have been on Prednisolone since July 2013 30grm a day to start with reducing, at present 9 mg per day. The texture and look is not sitting well with ...
More reviews for: Simvastatin, Red face
On eHealthMe, Simvastatin (simvastatin) is often used for high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions Simvastatin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Simvastatin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Furosemide, Enalapril Maleate, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Lower Cholesterol, Oedema, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Cough, Allergy, Asthma, Wheezing, Snoring, Gums - Swollen, Flushing, Heart Palpitations, High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Calcium, Flonase, Evista, Amlodipine, Losartan, Montelukast Sodium, Simvastatin for a patient with Health, Osteoporosis, Rhinitis Seasonal, High Blood Pressure, Allergic Cough, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Distress, Flushing, Metallic Taste
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Vitamin C, Centrum Silver, Ubiquinol, Fish Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Vitamin B12, Milk Thistle, Aspirin, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Simvastatin for a patient with Iron Supplements And Disease, Multi-vitamin Deficiency, Health, Energy Increased, Liver Scan Abnormal, Heart Disease Congenital, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Paleness, Tiredness, Muscular Weakness, Muscle Stiffness, Low Back Pain, Flushing, Aches - Leg, Burning Feet Syndrome
More related studies for: Simvastatin, Red face
Recent Simvastatin related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Simvastatin, Red face
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.