Review: could Simvastatin cause Skin burning sensation?
Summary: Skin burning sensation is found among people who take Simvastatin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Niaspan, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 77,553 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 264 have Skin burning sensation. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin burning sensation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Skin burning sensation >>>
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 80,902 Simvastatin users)
Skin burning sensation
Skin burning sensation has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high density lipoprotein decreased, high blood pressure, low density lipoprotein increased, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 6,050 Skin burning sensation patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 77,532 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 264 people (0.34%) have Skin Burning Sensation.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Skin burning sensation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin burning sensation||50.00%||33.33%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Skin burning sensation when taking Simvastatin * :
|Skin burning sensation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.79%||13.16%||30.00%||51.05% |
Severity of Skin burning sensation when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Skin burning sensation||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Skin burning sensation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Skin burning sensation||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (67 people, 25.38%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (42 people, 15.91%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (25 people, 9.47%)
- Low density lipoprotein increased (20 people, 7.58%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 7.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Niaspan (175 people, 66.29%)
- Aspirin (130 people, 49.24%)
- Lisinopril (54 people, 20.45%)
- Plavix (32 people, 12.12%)
- Fish oil (24 people, 9.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of simvastatin and skin burning sensation on
Do you have Skin Burning Sensation while taking Simvastatin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Skin Burning Sensation
- support group for people who take Simvastatin
- support group for people who have Skin Burning Sensation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Simvastatin, Norvasc, Atenolol for a 58-year old woman with Nerve Pain, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, Hypertension, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Gastric Ph, Breast Pain, Gnawing, Bloating, Heartburn
- A study of drug interactions between Topiramate, Aggrenox, Donepezil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 88-year old woman with Headache, Stroke Risk, Dementia, Thyroid, Cholesterosis, Blood Pressure, High Blood Pressure.
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Tacrolimus, Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 66-year old woman with Hypertension, Lichen Planus, Sinusitis. The patient has Skin Burning Sensation
- A study of drug interactions between Lialda, Metformin, Simvastatin, Aspirin, Lisinopril, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 69-year old man with Ulcerative Colitis, Type 2 Diabetes, Coronary Artery Disease. The patient has Cramps - Muscle, Bleeding Tendency
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Simvastatin, Januvia, Primidone for a 82-year old woman with Allergic Reactions, Dyslipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Essential Tremor. The patient has Anemia - Iron Deficiency, Pruritus Aggravated, Gas - Flatulence, Glaucoma
Recent Simvastatin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Simvastatin for a 81-year old woman who has Blood Cholesterol Decreased
- Comparions of Nitroglycerin, Aspirin, Flagyl, Atenolol, Simvastatin for a 36-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Crestor for a 64-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Simvastatin for a 67-year old man who has High Cholesterol
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Buspar, Lisinopril, Aspirin, Toprol-xl for a 51-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.