Home > Simvastatin > Sleeplessness > Simvastatin and Sleeplessness
Review: could Simvastatin cause Sleeplessness (Insomnia)?
We study 77,438 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,620 have Sleeplessness. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleeplessness and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Sleeplessness >>>
Simvastatin (latest outcomes from 80,754 users) has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Sleeplessness (a sleep disorder in which there is an inability to fall asleep or to stay asleep as long as desired) (latest reports from 757,435 patients) has been reported by people with depression, insomnia, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain.
On Sep, 20, 2014: 77,401 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 1,619 people (2.09%) have Sleeplessness.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Sleeplessness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Sleeplessness when taking Simvastatin * :
Severity of Sleeplessness when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Sleeplessness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (315 people, 19.46%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (265 people, 16.37%)
- Depression (220 people, 13.59%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (152 people, 9.39%)
- Diabetes mellitus (144 people, 8.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (377 people, 23.29%)
- Lisinopril (268 people, 16.55%)
- Chantix (176 people, 10.87%)
- Atenolol (168 people, 10.38%)
- Metformin hcl (151 people, 9.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
GIA (3 years ago):
I am on natural thyroid taking 1/2 grain in the morning and 1/2 in the evening. I was just also put on Simvastatin (Zocor) as my cholesterol went up 8 points in a short time and it's always been high anyway. I'm on 10 mg in the evening before bed and just took my first dose before bed last night.
I did not sleep well. It feels like I'm slightly shakey and amped like when you take a diet pill. I've looked to see Simvastatin side effects and it says "insomnia" might be a problem but doesn't say why. I already have sleep issues so this is the last thing I need to happen.
Could it be the Thyroid medication and the Zocor together or is this slight "shakey" feeling the side effect of the Zocor alone? I'm not seeing much information about it anywhere. I'm also on Cortisol but my doctor has told me to hold off on taking it while on the Zocor.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleeplessness while taking Simvastatin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Simvastatin and have Sleeplessness
- group for people who take Simvastatin
- group for people who have Sleeplessness
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
BECAUSE OF A STROKE I EXPERIENCED AUGUST 5, 2010, I AM UNCOMFORTABLE IN MY OWN SKIN 24/7 ADD THE DISCOMFORTS CREATED FROM THE MEDICINE I TAKE SOME DAYS ARE HARDER TO STAY POSITIVE ABOUT MY LIFE. I HAVE A LOT OF STRESS DAILY AND TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO ACHIEVE SOME LEVEL OF COMFORT AND I SEEM TO BE FAILING AND I FEEL ITS DUE TO THE COMBINATION OF THE MEDICINES I TAKE.
From this study (9 months ago):
Meds are not ridding me of headaches or migraines, & now I have insomnia & acne! :( No longer on Verapamil or Simvistatin, just over one yr now. Off of Amitriptalyne since August, off of Celexa since Sept/October... allergies & insomnia crept up during transition from Amitriptaline/Celexa to Cymbalta.
From this study (9 months ago):
I am wondering if the above conditions are affected due to a deficiency in Magnesium. I do currently take 300 mg of Magnesium daily and it helps the arrhythmia.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Simvastatin, Sleeplessness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Zolpidem er side effects
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
More reviews for: Simvastatin, Sleeplessness
On eHealthMe, Simvastatin (simvastatin) is often used for blood cholesterol decreased. Find out below the conditions Simvastatin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Simvastatin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (60 seconds ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (6 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a 36-year old man who has Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression (6 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (7 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (56 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (58 minutes ago)
- Midodrine Hydrochloride (impax Pharms) 2.5mg
- Acetaminophen Aspirin And Codeine Phosphate
- Caclia Doce
- Solidago Virgaurea
- Nausea And Vomiting