Home > Simvastatin > Sleeplessness > Simvastatin and Sleeplessness
Review: could Simvastatin cause Sleeplessness (Insomnia)?
We study 77,438 people who have side effects while taking Simvastatin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,620 have Sleeplessness. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleeplessness and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Sleeplessness >>>
Simvastatin (latest outcomes from 80,771 users) has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Sleeplessness (a sleep disorder in which there is an inability to fall asleep or to stay asleep as long as desired) (latest reports from 763,667 patients) has been reported by people with depression, insomnia, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 77,438 people reported to have side effects when taking Simvastatin. Among them, 1,620 people (2.09%) have Sleeplessness.
Time on Simvastatin when people have Sleeplessness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Sleeplessness when taking Simvastatin * :
Severity of Sleeplessness when taking Simvastatin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Sleeplessness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (315 people, 19.44%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (265 people, 16.36%)
- Depression (220 people, 13.58%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (152 people, 9.38%)
- Diabetes mellitus (144 people, 8.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (377 people, 23.27%)
- Lisinopril (268 people, 16.54%)
- Chantix (176 people, 10.86%)
- Atenolol (168 people, 10.37%)
- Metformin hcl (151 people, 9.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
GIA (3 years ago):
I am on natural thyroid taking 1/2 grain in the morning and 1/2 in the evening. I was just also put on Simvastatin (Zocor) as my cholesterol went up 8 points in a short time and it's always been high anyway. I'm on 10 mg in the evening before bed and just took my first dose before bed last night.
I did not sleep well. It feels like I'm slightly shakey and amped like when you take a diet pill. I've looked to see Simvastatin side effects and it says "insomnia" might be a problem but doesn't say why. I already have sleep issues so this is the last thing I need to happen.
Could it be the Thyroid medication and the Zocor together or is this slight "shakey" feeling the side effect of the Zocor alone? I'm not seeing much information about it anywhere. I'm also on Cortisol but my doctor has told me to hold off on taking it while on the Zocor.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleeplessness while taking Simvastatin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Simvastatin and have Sleeplessness
- support group for people who take Simvastatin
- support group for people who have Sleeplessness
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Simvastatin, Sleeplessness
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Zolpidem er side effects
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
More reviews for: Simvastatin, Sleeplessness
On eHealthMe, Simvastatin (simvastatin) is often used for high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions Simvastatin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Simvastatin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Relpax, Ambien, Melatonin, Singulair, Ritalin, Meloxicam, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Namenda Xr, Lamotrigine, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Frequent Headaches, Insomnia, Chronic Insomnia, Allergy, Add, Arthritis, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, Memory Impairment, Cyclothymic Disorder, Chronic Depression. The patient has Depression, Insomnia, Frequent Headaches, Postnasal Drip
- A study of drug interactions between Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Simvastatin, Amlodipine Besylate, Tramadol, Acetaminophen, Baclofen, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Lower Cholesterol, Pain, Spasticity, Thalamic Infarction. The patient has Bone Pain, Depression, Anxiety, Sleeplessness, Nausea, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Allegra, Migranal, Celexa, Simvastatin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Cymbalta, Magnesium Sulfate, Topiramate, Pantoprazole for a patient with Allergic Sinusitis, Migraine, Depression, Ruptured Cerebral Aneurysm, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Stomach Discomfort. The patient has Sinusitis Noninfective, Migraine, Chronic Headaches, Insomnia, Acne
More related studies for: Simvastatin, Sleeplessness
Recent Simvastatin related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Simvastatin, Sleeplessness
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (30 minutes ago)
- Vitamin D for a 26-year old woman who has Vitamin D Deficiency (33 minutes ago)
- Alprazolam for a 45-year old woman who has Initial Insomnia (48 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Atorvastatin Calcium
- Vitamin B12
- Bone And Joint Pain
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (3 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (3 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (3 hours ago)
- Diuretic Therapy
- Ureteral Necrosis
- White Bay